1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Hartke LH1000 Issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Az4stringer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Az4stringer

Az4stringer Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I received my new Hartke LH1000 on Tuesday. Great amp and love the tone connected to my two RS210T cabs in bridged mode (8 Ohm cabs). I have the EQ at 3-10-0 with my Lakland 44-60 Jazz wired series, it sounds killer with that EQ setting. Brite and Limiter are off.

The issues:

Sometimes the amp will have no sound when powered on. The power LED is lit and I hear the click but get no sound. I power cycle it and sometimes it will work fine or still no sound.

Other times it powers up fine and I get sound but I get a very loud electrical hiss with a intermittent crinkling of paper sound as best I can describe it.

Sometimes it powers up and works fine, I get sound and it is quiet, no hiss.

I have also had the amp work fine then after a while of playing it starts making that electrical hiss and that crinkling of paper sound, then the sound drops totally out. Power cycling will sometimes resolve this but I an concerned this might happen at a gig.

Thanks in advance for any insights. I am going to call Samsontech as well. I've heard they have great customer service.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I think your first step is contacting the manufacturer and following their instructions regarding (warranty) repair.

biguglyman likes this.
  3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Does the "bridged mode" switch work fine (on and off)?

Just askin', for i'm a happy lh 500 and lh 1000 (and also Tc Electronic, but NO REBEL STACK series) owner

Lemme know,
    Cheers,
    Wallace

4. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    My TX600 did that out of the box also. I'm no tech but I'm thinking maybe the pre-amp tube got shaken up during shipping and is acting up intermittently? Let Hartke take care of it.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Any way you can return it as an "out of box" failure?

Riis

6. Az4stringer

Jun 27, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    The issues occur with the amp in bridge or dual parallel mode. From doing a search on talkbass, I suspect its the pre-amp tube. The delivery was several days late than stated and the box looked a little beat up, not Ace Ventura beat up, but looked like it had a rough trip. Maybe the pre-amp tube was jarred. I am going to contact Samsontech later this morning. I'll update the thread after my call to Samsontech.

7. Az4stringer

Jun 27, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Update: Contacted Samsontech and they believe it is a bad or loose power relay. I think it was jolted loose during shipping since the box was kind of messed up. Contacted Sam Ash and they are doing a new exchange. Sam Ash emailed me a pre-paid shipping label for the return and are in the process of shipping me a new LH1000.

Both Samsontech and Sam Ash had great customer service, no hassles and offered the new exchange upfront. I really like this amp and believe the issue was caused during shipping, the issues I experienced are not due to a quality problem with the amp.