New Hartke Models

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Milo Desmond, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Milo Desmond

Milo Desmond Guest

Oct 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone has heard the new Hartke vx series cabs? If so, can you give me an idea of what they sound like? It seems to me like they may have a warmer, smoother sound. But they are soooooooo cheap, it makes me wonder if they sound like complete crap.

On another note, I have followed the discussions here on and off for quite awhile as a guest, and I just wanted to say that the people here are some of the nicest, most helpful musicians I have ever seen. I look forward to joining this community and hopefully can give as much as I get.

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Never tried them (the Hartke VX series) but read some pretty negative opinions on them. You can get Avatar cabinets, which are actually pretty nice (and a lot of TB members can attest to that), for about the same price including Avatar's shipping.
  3. CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I tried the 115VX and the 410VX and really liked them. They are punchy without being muddy. They are perfect for those who do not like the edgy sound of a regular Hartke 4x10 cab.

Personally, I went with the 3500 series head and the 220 cab.
  4. I tried out the VX series at the music store. While it wasn't what i would consider real playing conditions the cabs sounded ....okay to good.
    They don't sound like Hartkes XLs, and i play thru aluminum Hartkes now, so i guess i had a presupposed motion of what the cabs should sound like.

I would say that the cabs sounded warm w/ a hint of mid treble...but they were not for me. i still like the warm-punchy-tight pop i get out of the aluminum
    my opinion
  5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i think alot of people just assumed these cabs would suck. I did when i checked them out at the music store a few monthes ago and i was shocked. They aren't on par with an eden, but a really good deal. They would be perfect deal for a highschool or college band guy, or anyone that doenst need sum kind of amazing hi-fi rig. Id play with them at a show definately.