New head, 2500 Canadian?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Hello, with my tax refund, selling a thing or 2, and a trade in on my current head which is a yorkville xs400h, I will have probably around 2300-2500 Canadian to spend on a new head. I think I will just keep my yorkville xc410 for now, just put all of my money into a new head and get new cabs a few months down the road, after I pay for school. Unless of course the head I want is cheap enough I can buy new cabs as well. I play in a rock band where the guitarist plays a 60 watt all tube marshall through a 412, so it is pretty darn loud. Also I will be at Grant Macewan music school next year. They do provide amps, but I would like something that I could use for more of a jazz type setting as well. I am playing a Stingray at the moment also.

I am getting rid of my yorkville head because it just doesn't do it for me. I think it sounds muddy, doesn't give me that bowel moving low end or the punch that I love. I could always go the ampeg route, either an svt-4 or an svt-cl. But there is also mesa 400+, eden, aguilar, I am going to go out and play through everything I can obviously, just wanted to hear some suggestions. Thanks alot! :hyper:
  2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
  3. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    +1 for the M-Pulse

Also look into Eden, like you said. It's hard to strike out when you have high standards:)