Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New head, 2500 Canadian?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Hello, with my tax refund, selling a thing or 2, and a trade in on my current head which is a yorkville xs400h, I will have probably around 2300-2500 Canadian to spend on a new head. I think I will just keep my yorkville xc410 for now, just put all of my money into a new head and get new cabs a few months down the road, after I pay for school. Unless of course the head I want is cheap enough I can buy new cabs as well. I play in a rock band where the guitarist plays a 60 watt all tube marshall through a 412, so it is pretty darn loud. Also I will be at Grant Macewan music school next year. They do provide amps, but I would like something that I could use for more of a jazz type setting as well. I am playing a Stingray at the moment also.

I am getting rid of my yorkville head because it just doesn't do it for me. I think it sounds muddy, doesn't give me that bowel moving low end or the punch that I love. I could always go the ampeg route, either an svt-4 or an svt-cl. But there is also mesa 400+, eden, aguilar, I am going to go out and play through everything I can obviously, just wanted to hear some suggestions. Thanks alot! :hyper:

2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
  3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    +1 for the M-Pulse

Also look into Eden, like you said. It's hard to strike out when you have high standards:)