1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Head - Kustom KB200H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, May 4, 2010.

1. Anybody tried one of these yet? Is it merely a repackaged Acoustic B200H? My understanding is both product lines are made at the same factory. Price is $250 for 200 watts.

[​IMG]

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Sigh. Looks like another example of leveraging the retro crazy. Odd that it isn't tuck& roll - - folks LOVE that stuff, even of those old Kustom amps were mud-fart city!

3. Yeah, looks somewhat VST-like.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    No. This is not a repackaged Acoustic B200H... the B200H is THIS repackaged! :D

I believe this amp is a bit more expensive.. but still, not much.

the Knobs and the Logo look like an old KUSTOM... but thats about it. ;)

Still, hard to beat that price. If you want it, pick one up from MF/GC... it should have a warranty.

P.S. ACOUSTIC is manufactured BY KUSTOM in China/wherever.. just for the record. Even the same schematic.

5. Walking

Walking

Apr 5, 2010
    Minnesota
    Is 200 watts enough?

6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    enough for *what*?

This is, no doubt, a cheap amp for cheap applications. Better to buy a better amp USED for the same money. GK-400RB leaps to mind...

7. leonardobass

leonardobass

Oct 18, 2009
    i've never tried this one,but i have a Kustom Deep end 300 head,and it's a great amp,the company has been coming out with some quality,nice and inexpensive models in it's amp lines,this one is fine for an entry level stack,practice and small gigs.If that's what you're going for and you want to buy new,i say go for it.