1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New head suggestions for Avatar NEOs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cgordonfreeman, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Hey guys,
    Was wondering would anyone have a suggestion of a head that would put a good bit of power through my 1000w@8ohm Avatar 4x10 NEO and 500w@8ohm Avatar 2x12 NEO? I have an EBS Fafner but it's an old model with only one speaker out and 500w@2ohms. I'm looking for a nice versatile head and since the choice is so limited in Ireland am just looking for ideas.

Cheers,
    John.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Can you order from Carvin where you live? I'd check out the B1500 if you could.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    GK and Avatar are a great combination. As the new MB2-500 has hit the market, 1001 RB II's are going to be hitting the skids used price wise... not sure about the 240v operation but I think that's cool. Definately something you would want to verify.

The super quick GK low end is a nice pairing with the slightly loose Avatar low end. Get's you closer to the Ashdown/Ampeg sort of response. Tonally the GK is very flexible.

You will find that the 700 watts on tap with the 1001 will be more than sufficient for that stack... it'a a very loud 700 watts.

4. I don't know anyone who uses a Carvin and I can't say I've ever heard one, but the specs from their website are extremely impressive - particularly for the price. What would you compare the B1500 to, tone & quality wise?

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    yeah - they can print an impressive piece of paper, I'll give them that ...

Scope the resale potential on Carvin ... if you're buyin' it for life great. Scope the incidence of failure on Carvin. If you're buyin' it for life, not so great... Maybe they've gotten better but once bitten twice shy over here...