1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new head to replace GK800rb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beefhat1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. beefhat1

beefhat1

Jun 20, 2006
    Oregon
    After a year of turbulent and precarious managment of a previously poorly treated, bought-used GK800rb, it has finally given up. The billowing smoke traced the lines of my fate. Wait...what?
    Anyways, I need a new head for my Avatar B212. I was wondering what would be a good course of action to take from here. I can't borrow my school's choir bass amp forever!:D Something relatively cheap but compatible with my cab are my only real terms. Though my sour experience with my only piece of used gear makes me hesitant to buy used, it's probably what I'll have to do. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Look in the for sale section of this website. There are some good buys in there. A Fender Pro 400 and a hartke 3500 for starters.

3. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    How about another used 800RB? And no, I'm not joking. ;)

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Or a 700rb? They have voicing settings to match the sound of the old 800's and a couple other bells and whistles + more power.

5. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    1001RB-II? :p

6. Or get your 800rb fixed. this is probably the cheapest option as well.

7. darth-bass

darth-bass

Jun 10, 2006
    the fender pro is mine now! :p Maybe one of those behringer's 4500 could be your ticket, for now anyway----cheap 199-to 250 new, under warrenty for two years (i believe, may only be 1 year though), kind of run of the mill sound, but it sounds like you don't baby your gear too much, so a cheap head you can abuse might be just the thing. They are loud and powerful. Where else can you find a 450 watt amp for under $300?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021