1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Hellborg Signature Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lousybassist, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I just visited Warwick's website, and saw this: the new Jonas Hellborg signature bass. It looks a lot like what I imagine a child of his old acoustic Wechter and rather recent Status signature would look like. I think it's pretty cool.

Edit: here's what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

2. I dig it, but wish it had better upper frets access. Looks killer though!

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love that bass, not as much as his Wals/Status basses, but it is awesome!

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I really like the shape but I bet that thing weighs a ton.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    it doesn't look that heavy from the picture...he looks to be quite at ease with it!

6. Though the first reports about this bass said it was a solid body, it's actually semi acoustic. That should make the weight managable.

7. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005
    It looks like a lefty bass turned right. Anyhow, I dig it.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks like a b*tch to play in first position.

9. Status looks like they are losing their signature series to Warwick. First Buzzard, now Hellborg. What is next? Mark King and Rhino?

10. i suppose he could let out the strap a little bit :)

but this isn't totally new is it? i thought there was a thread on this bass a few months ago...

11. Calif De Funk

Calif De Funk Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Sweden
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you don´t believe it is solid bodied! I believe the body is hollow, so it should actually be quite lite weighed.

12. It isn't, and there was.
    However, in the former thread, the bass was refered to both as a one off custom shop instrumenr, and as a solid body. The news are that it's now a production line instrument, as well as a hollow body.

13. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Yuck! :scowl:

14. ok :)

it reminds me of that Johnny A signature gibson

[​IMG]

15. Looks cool. Except for that led light..

16. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    But wouldn't it be very neckdivey then? I thought hollowbodies with a shape like that didn't tend to work very well.

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Status still make the Hellborg basses, I emailed them only a few days ago to get a price quote for a new one.

18. Wow, he grew his hair out. Honestly I have no idea who he is except I used to have a "scales and arppegios for bass" book by him with a picture of him bald, playing some high tech bass on the cover. Good book, wish I still had it.

19. I like it! Although I agree with Bryan Tyler....owww, my wrist. :p

20. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    lol this was funny
    i clicked this thread, than saw the bass and was like ***? thats ugly.
    then i heard your replies about it being cool, so i looked at it some more and thought to myself, maybe it does look good. but then i saw this post and totally changed my mind back.
    THAT IS THE UGLYEST WARWICK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF ALL HISTORY OF THE BASS UNIVERSE. SSSSTTTUUUUPPPIIIDDDDD BBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSS.:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :mad: :bawl: :( :scowl: