Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bleached, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Bleached

Jan 15, 2003
    Laurel Montana
    HeY all. :D I'm new and was just wondering if you could introduse my to some cool people:confused: well I hope so.

2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hey Kory, haven't been here too long myself, but welcome to TB! If you spend too much time here you may get addicted, so warned, haha! If you haven't read the forum rules, it would be a good thing to do before you start posting, and check the thread archive before ya post a questino, cause there are tons of threads posted with great info! peace! By the way, what axe are you sporting, and how old are ya?
  3. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Hi Bleached. I'm pretty new around here my own self, but it's been a few months now.

I presume you ARE looking to be down here with the dark-siders, and not up there with the toybassers.

I've found the folks around here to be knowledgeable, provocative and quite chatty. I've learned a lot by hanging out.

There are a few grizzled old-timers around here who have a rep or a vibe of being intimidating to newbies. Don't take any crap from them, but listen to the experience and the rationality. I haven't heard any off-the-wall crapola at all, so I'm assuming we're dealing with intelligent people here. They are bass players, after all. They've got plenty good to say, and they will say it.

Check out the archives. There are some names that pop up again and again. You'll figure it out.

4. Welcome! I have been here too long! lol

Enjoy your stay

5. MUNJI................
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, Bleached.:)
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Welcome.. you know I think I am pretty cool guy... alot of people think I have an ego problem or something... I wasn't really paying attention because i was to busy thinking of how cool I was..

I hope yoiu enjoy TB as much as I do
  8. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'm one of the grizzled old timers.
  9. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've been here for two years soon, and I still feel like a newbie among these Talkbass relics with sky high postcounts, and flashy avatars. You'll get to know the cool people soon enough, a lot of folks here doesn't seem to have a life outside TB, and spend most of their awake hours here. It's great.