New Hip-Hop director.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Against Will, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    So I was hanging out in the music director's office at my college's radio station and helping her go through the latest releases and deciding which ones to add to the stacks (a thankless job). I came upon the new De La Soul.

Me: Sweet! The new De La Soul...and single...and vinyl!

MD: Oh, put that in the hip-hop box to be reviewed *points to a mail carton overflowing with packages, CDs and vinyls. I gently place them in the carton* Yeah, we don't have a hip-hop director right now, so things go in there and never come out.

Me: Damn...I'd be hip-hop director.

MD: Okay, cool, you're it.

And that's my story. The cats at the radio station have pretty diverse tastes, but they only have a passing interest in hip-hop, they're all hipsters, indie-kids and noise freaks. The few hip-hop shows broadcasts are done by people who come in from the surrounding area (and maybe one student show). I'm not a conniseur, but there were a lot of quality releases, and some that looked promising, and it seemed so unfair to just let them languish when The Faint got added almost immediately after it was opened (Yuck :spit: ) So, from now on you shall address me as Hip-Hop Director Will.....or Sir.