1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Hofner Club Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by sailwithlen, Mar 19, 2013.

1. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    Hi All,
    This is my new Hofner C Bass C series (i love it!)...I put a set of LaBella deep talking flats, it sounds amazing through an old Acoustic 116 bass amp. My question is has anybody ever seen this color I think it's antique dark brown transparent...

Thanks IMG_0006-copy.

2. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35

Dec 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice bass! Congrats on the score. I have never seen that color before and I consider myself a huge fan of Hofner and own several. This is very very cool! Post some more photos if you feel inclined to do so!

3. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    Thanks for the reply... A few more images front and back...

Attached Files:

4. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35

Dec 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Very cool, thanks for the add'l pics. Looks like a great bass! Even though it looks brown, I think that's the color they call "Translucent Black" I think some look very light and others darker.

5. Nice! That is a cool color, very vintage looking!

I have the traditonal burst on the same model, love its looks and sounds with LaBella flats.

Enjoy!

6. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your help... I do believe that your right "transiucent black" but I can't find any info on it . hofner catalogs don't exist..

7. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    H guys, This is a 1979 Acoustic 116 75w bass amp to go along with the Hofner 500/2 club bass. I'm trying to find the 60s warm deep bass sound. i'm also new to the bass but I have played guitar for a lot of years. Any adavice on how to get the the Beatles,Stones,Anamials Bass sound would be a great help to me.
    I'm getting close to the sounds but not there yet!

Attached Files:

8. Well, try an Ampeg B100R, it is an amazing amp for vintage bass tones. The smaller version is the Ampeg B50R, also great. You will have to buy used, they are not made anymore.
    Also, the Fender Bassman TV Ten is a great combo.

9. I am not convinced that bass is black. Look at the contrast between the finish and the black PU casing, it certainly looks dark brown to me.

Could be a trick of the lighting!

10. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    Thanks for the info I will check it out......

11. sailwithlen

sailwithlen

Feb 17, 2013
    Salem Mass
    The color of this bass has me stumped! Thanks again for all your help.....