New house, new music area, new bass :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, May 9, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    A few of you guys knew that I had just closed on my first house. I've been away from TB for about 2 weeks, but now I'm moved in and I finally have DSL here, so I wanted to share my new toys :)

Oh yea, this is borderline Misc, but because I'm mentioning a bass, it belongs here I think :)

Anyway, I FINALLY have a music area, as opposed to just sitting starting at concrete basement walls. It's still a mess, but it's getting there.

To go along with that, I got a new bass. A Peavey Cirrus with the Redwood top. It's one of the neck-thru's too, didn't I hear that these were discontinued? Anyway, I bought it at a sale the local store was having for $1100. I spotted it a few weeks ago when I was dropping off my G&L for a fret dressing, and resisted the urge to try it because even though I never played one before, I knew I'd probably buy it if I did :) I was surprised they even had one because even though they sell Peavey, they've never had one in stock.

Anyway, I LOVE it. The output is alot higher than the G&L but it's not as hot and doesn't clip the amp like the G&L did. Also the tone is just what I've been looking for. More clarity, with a kind of a modern and somewhat classic tone going on depending on how I set the eq. Also, the eq is the most responsive I've ever used. Just bumping a knob even the slightest bit either way alters the tone. And hand position does wondesr on this bass for altering the tone. In short, I've never had a bass like this where I felt like the sky was the limit and I could play anything on it. It really is an underrated bass.
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Congrats man! Purdy bass!
  3. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    cool looks awesome
  4. You have to love the redwood Cirri!!! I've got a 6er that I love. They're the best ones ya know ;) :bag:
  5. Congrats on both the house and the Cirrus, fourstringdrums. :cool:

I also couldn't agree more with your statement above, especially the part about, "Just bumping a knob..."

Isn't it great, all the tones you can get just by moving the blend control a little? :bassist:

Much luck with home, hearth and Cirrus.

Mike ;)
  6. Sounds like you've been having a good time the past few weeks. Congrats.
  7. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Enjoy your new bass and house!!!!
  8. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    New bass.....I think you maxed out! Enjoy them both!!
  9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I think (and correct me if I'm wrong), but I was messing around with the EQ and with the bass at almost flat (boosted a tad), mids cut a bit, and boosted treble, I got a sound that reminded me of a Ric, anyone experienced that or am I way off? :)