Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Ibanez ATK just came

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Nov 2, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Alittle less than an hour ago, my employer's competitor dropped off my new Ibanez ATK 100. Out of the box impression: stunning. It was in beautiful condition. I couldn't believe how clean it was. Very polished and minimal surface scratches. I ripped off the old strap buttons and strings, put on some Dunlop straplocks and Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys. Plug here in, and dang. For $150, I got an amazing bass. Very fat low end with nice highs. Great picking sound. My P-bass is going on the wall for a couple of weeks. Or until I get my Jazz Bass at least.

2. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    $150?!? Not bad!

I'm not a huge ATK fan, but I DO know that those basses are well made and solid as hell. Nice deal!

3. Haha, Fedex delivered your bass to you at UPS? Does that happen often?

Kinda reminds me of when I sent a Lakland to Nino.

4. $150!!!

Man! My second bass was an ATK. It was very nice. I could set the action on that thing lower than on any bass I've had since. Zero fret buzz. Not that I like really low action but it says a lot for the neck and fretwork.