New Ibanez Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nazman, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I found some dude that was selling a bass for $75.00..It had wiring problems.
    I drove to Ft.Worth and bought it..
    Man this is a solid aok monster..Probally late 70's early 80's..Natural meduim dark wood..Neck through body design..
    Heavier than crap...I think it has active and passive pickup options..
    It was shorting out and had a distorted sound..I found a connected but loose I soldered it and now it doesnt play at all..
    It is going on the shop today..This thing is going to sound good on stage..
    That club we played last month opening for Aska called us to be headliners on April 29th.Hope to have it ready by then ..
    I will have pics later on today.
    I am not sure what model it is..
  2. FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    sounds like a musician those things pwn all other basses well not all but there damn good i want one but there too much here that or im too poor... great score bro now all those lame guitarists can get pwned by the madcore ibanez
  3. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    You may be correct about it being a musician..It looks just like it ..Mine has a few more knobs though.But that might have been a custom add on...I will have pictures soon..
  4. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Great instruments. Once you get it fixed, it's gonna be an amazing instrument.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The workmanship in those instruments is first rate for the money. Tone can be hit-or-miss, but over-all they're solid, attractive, well built instruments.
  7. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Can anyone lead me to where to get a wiring diagram for it? The Ibanez web site only goes back to1994..
  8. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Your bass was made in August of 1979. Musicians' went out of production in 1986. Excellent basses then and now. I have an '86 MC-824. Got it in 1986. I STILL love this bass!!
  9. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I put it in the shop yesterday to get the electronics worked on..He said it would run about $25.00..I paid $75.00..
    Great deal! $100.00 for a bass that is selling for over $600.00 on ebay.. :hyper:
  10. Trev

Feb 23, 2004
    Congrats on your new bass, Nazman - Ibanez Musicians are great! Here's my '82 MC924:

Has a nice punchy P-Bass-ish tone - I find it better suited to fingerstyle playing tho, but thats just me :)
  11. BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Nazman .... Congrats on your new bass!

No doubt about it, these "Musicians" are super basses with tone out the wahzoo! I also like the feel of them. They'er dang sure on the heavy side, but who cares (I'm a sit-down player :p) Gotta get me another one some day :bassist:
  12. Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Yep. It is very heavy..I was wondering about getting through an entire show with it...It has alot of dings in it..and it looks like someone dropped it where it plugs in and broke a chip of wood off.They repaired it very well but kinda sloppyish..I could sand it down and refinish it and it probally wouldnt even show..but the way it is now isnt going to affect the way it plays..I could keep the bass I have and sell the musician..
    I will decide that when I get it out of the shop..I havent played it with it working yet..I'll have to see how it sounds at practice