Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ibanez Basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Jan 20, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    The EDB 700 and the RD900AH....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You're forgetting a few...

[​IMG]
    SRX 390

[​IMG]
    SR305FM

and not to forget the newer BTB series

PS... Glad to see Ibanez abondon the original EDB idea, it's about time they realize that was a lost cause and move onto traditionl wood bodies for the mainstream line.

PPS... I'm really loving this enclosed pic...

-ryan-

Attached Files:

3. i've always wanted a high qualtiy RD series, what are the 2 swithces on it for?

4. I imagine they're for coil tapping... Previsously Ibanez used a combination of two volume knobs (IIRC) to activate certain pickup configurations. A bit confusing, IMO, the switches are much user friendly.

PS. I just noticed that the Fieldy "K5" signature is now only offered in transparent black... Making this one ugly mo' fugger (imo).

-ryan-

5. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Has anyone got experience of the Ibanez SR305FM, or any sound clips? I'm interested in buying it.
    Stan

6. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Absolutely love the look of the SRX390 - pity I dont dig metal.

7. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    What has Metal got to do with it? It doesn't look like a Metal bass to me and they don't make you sign a contract stipulating you'll only play certain styles of music on the bass. If you like it, play it your way ;)

8. weeding

weeding

May 17, 2005
    I wanted to get one of those SRX 390s. I don't play any metal, they are just nice sounding basses, and they have the fastest neck I've ever played!

9. HoDog

HoDog

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney

How can you not like the EDBs, if you've played them, they are argubly the most comfortable basses and powerful punching pickups. the pickups are stronger than active pups

10. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    That's my bass :smug: (click sig)

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm playing one of the new Prestige Soundgear 4's on the Jools Holland show that's going to air this Friday. Stu was late getting back into London, so my friend Leo @ Ibanez UK brought me a bass. Great bass with a good sound. My only gripe is the monorail bridge and the Barts. I'm a Basslines guy. The Barts were US Custom wound.

12. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    I'll be watching tomorrow Woodchuck. Anything in particular we should look out for? :D

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The beautiful wood combo of that bass, and me doing backing vocals! :eek: I had to shell out 30 quid for a new jumper for that show.

14. Ill have to argue with you there, i find the EDA series much more comfortable than the EDBs :)

I really like the luthite body on it, not everyones cup of tea but hell, i think its pretty nifty :)

Does that SRX390 have a white binding on the body? nice !

15. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Personally, I'm still waiting for the singlecut BTB and a commercially available version of Doug Wimbish's maple DWB as seen here.

16. groovetoolz

groovetoolz

Aug 5, 2006
    i was wondering if any of you guys have the SR3005E prestige... i really need to buy one and mod it for fretless.. just PM me here

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    aaaaaaaahahahahaha

18. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm still hoping for a lefty RD or SRX.....

19. the srx isnt a metal bass, check out the srx 350 its verrrrrrrrrrrrry nice, thats the main contender for my new bass at the mo!