New Ibanez GWB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Söderberg, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Söderberg

Sep 30, 2004

Hey, they renewed the model, right? Ebonol-fretbord and all. The "old one" (GWB1) had ebony.

Can´t tell if this one is going to be cheaper or not.
    Great that they made a more stable ramp-version (screws) and exchanged the old bridge to the "better" B105. Anything´s better than the old one.
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Looks like a natural version of the Korean made GWB35 with a few added features.

Edit: Actually this may be a replacement for the old GWB-1 or whatever the nomenclature was... :confused:
  3. Söderberg

Sep 30, 2004
    Yeah, I heard that the GWB1 is discontinued
  4. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    my bass teacher has the original model. its the best ibanez bass ive ever played. if they made a 6 string unlined, id probably get one.
  5. fluong

Sep 26, 2002
    I got a quote for this at $845 without case. The best quote I got on the GWB1 was $1200 without case.
  6. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    I believe list on the new model is around $1299.
  7. joeviau

Jul 9, 2002
    Rhode Island
    Fluong, where did you get your quote from?
  8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Fewwwww... I was on the ibanez site the other day, and I thought I was losing my mind.... Hmmmm... I like all the improvements, but whats with the ebonol fingerboard??? I know it lasts longer than ebony (suposivly)... I wonder if it will be cheaper... hmmm...

9. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Whats with that??? only 1 pot??? Very strange...

A FRETTED Gary sig??? WTH???

10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yea they made a fretted version but discontinued it. I can't believe they're changing the fretless model...and they also make a cheaper basswood version too

There goes Ibanez messing with a good thing again.