1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Ibanez (headless, multiscale)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chanson, Dec 5, 2019.

1. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

I saw this earlier today, sorry if it's been shared already. What does everyone think? Not sure about any specs as far as scale lengths. The cutaway is interesting.

2. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    I think it looks great, I like the super deep cutaway. About the scale length, the five string version is a 35"-33" fan, so I'm guessing the six will be something like 35"-32.5". Looks like this has an additional knob, as compared to other Ibanez, maybe a mid sweep control.

matt11 and LoTone like this.
  3. chanson

Where did you find the specs?

4. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Specs were on ibanez.ru for awhile.

Looks fantastic...I just want more B scale.

5. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    @Aidil posted them in the Ibanez club thread back in September, and they are up on the Russian Ibanez website, like @CoarseBass said.

Screenshot from 2019-12-05 21-27-23.png

chanson likes this.
  6. Yay, a Multi-Scale with Nordstrands, now I just want a 4-string.

7. 5 and 6 strings, what about a four? Pricing?

JEDI BASS likes this.
  8. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    The info that I got few moons ago there would be 4 and 5 string variants (in normal as well as fanned fret versions). I've shown both pics on other thread. I wasn't informed there would also be 6 string version that Benjamin Shepherd has shown.

The price that was whispered to me for the multi-scale Nordstrand 5 string variant (EHB1505MS-PLF) is going to be around $2,100. I have no idea whether this would be list price or street price. They said the ones with Bartolini's will be more affordable.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    skeeler likes this.
  9. chanson

Ah, bummer. Was hoping for longer than 35" B

Larchi, Ikkir, Charlzm and 1 other person like this.
  10. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    That pricing is in line with what is on ibanez.ru. In that case, the cheaper model will run about $1600. Also, do you happen to have any information about the preamp that will be used in these? I see that these have 6 knobs instead of the usual 5.

11. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Mostly harmless Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    me likee

12. Looks great, seems to be a wenge neck too

13. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Wut?!

Why the big ass cutaway tho, just reduce the overall size. No?

14. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Perhaps so the B tuner doesn't hit the ground i guess looking at it

HaphAsSard likes this.
  15. Love it! I'll take one...

nonohmic likes this.
  16. chanson

I kinda hate how the cutaway goes past the fretboard. Why not just add more frets or make it less deep?

Larchi likes this.
  17. Koshchei

Koshchei

Mar 17, 2019
    Peterborough, ON
    Cool, but the proof of the pudding is in where they decide to put the neutral fret.

smeet likes this.
  18. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    They only said that these headlesses are going to have Vary-mid 3 band EQ with EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot). So I'm guessing the controls are master vol, pickup balance, stacked bass and treble, and stacked mid with vary mid control (and EQ bypass switch).

Ethereal Thorn likes this.
  19. bassstrangler

bassstrangler

Mar 2, 2015
    AZ
    Cool, but Ibanez, please stop making all of your basses with the burl finish. It would look great in white, or black, or....

20. Is it my imagination, an optical illusion with the fanned frets, or is that a Torzal twisted neck?

KramerDon, PWRL, 12BitSlab and 3 others like this.