1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Ibanez Iceman NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fair Warning, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    The bass looks awesome.... I went to Youtube and listened to the band, Arch Enemy. I'm not familiar with them. Evidently the bass player's name is Sharlee and it was built to his specs.

Man, that woman lead vocalist has a voice deeper than most guys lol... Could you imagine waking up to that voice in the morning saying, good morning honey... yikes :eek:... lol

If you get this bass let us know how it turns out... Looks totally awesome...

3. I few years ago i had what was basicaly a standard production model of that iceman, was white, had the same pickups, same neck. It sounded ok, but it had some pretty hefty neckdive and overall wasnt that comfortable to play. I think this is one of those examples of a company taking a guitar design and slapping the bass treatment on it, with the results being less than spectacular.

At the very least, I would highly recommend trying on before buying.

4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Finally, the best bass for metal has been found!:bag:

tim68 likes this.
  5. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    This one also come in white as well, but is factory strung C, F, bB, bE and sports monorail bridge instead of AccuCast200.

Yes... Neither the IceMan300, nor the Sharlee d'Angelo signature (he plays in Spiritual Beggars too) capture the mood of the IceMan700 electric guitar:meh:

Cheers,
    Wallace

6. Fair Warning

Any ideas of where (China, Korea, Japan?) Ibanez builds this NT version of the Iceman? Any info on what strings come stock on it for that tuning? For me to be in sync with my basses, I would be dropping the tuning to BEAD anyways, and usually requires a 5 string set.

I wish string companys would catch on an sell a BEAD seat of strings.....

7. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I know Warwick does

8. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Looks like Paul Stanley's bass
    icecat95.
    psad.

9. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Personally, I like it except for the Iron Cross inlays........Directly copied from Gibson's Nikki Sixx Thunderbird.

10. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Warwick Black Label strings are available in a BEAD set, as well as a F#BEA set. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

11. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Same here. Not feeling the indie bridge saddles, either.

12. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Looks like a Nikki Sixx Blackbird mated with a Paul Stanley Iceman. Playing both Ibanezes and Gibson Tbirds, I like it - but wish it had a 1.5" nut. The Iron Cross inlays are a bit of a rip off, but at least they aren't just dots.

13. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Because they are both icemans

14. Fair Warning

Just a dirty looking beast of a bass with a dirty sound. Not for the purist. Still putting it through the passes.

Attached Files:

15. What's the verdict--do you like it?

I just put an older Iceman bass on layaway.