1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new ibanez sr5005e

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HammerSmashBASS, Mar 27, 2009.

1. HammerSmashBASS

HammerSmashBASS

Mar 22, 2009
    just purchased a new ibanez sr 5005e (love it by the way) just wondering if there was anybody else on here with one of the series and what your opinions are on them and also any issues in terms of reliability.

2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Pics please! :D

3. woo10

woo10

Feb 22, 2004
    What he said :D:hyper::hyper::hyper:

4. JOEP054

JOEP054 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    I just put a deposit on a SR 5006e but was told I wouldn't see it until June at the earliest. Let us know what you think in more detail when you can as I am very interested with your experience with it. Probably won't find to much feedback on this model as it is to new to the market. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated though. Congratulations on the bass. Enjoy it.

5. HammerSmashBASS

HammerSmashBASS

Mar 22, 2009
    its been great for the last few weeks i actually got to use it before i got called up for work. the pickups (bartolini usa customs) are some of the cleanest ive ever heard, that was the first thing i noticed when i plugged in. it doesnt get muddy at all on th B, and ive had it tuned down substantially and it never lost clarity. it was very bright for a mahogony/wenge build, and the finish is drop dead gorgeous. the eq is one of the best ive ever used with the broadest range of tones that ive ever heard, and the eq killswitch is a nice addition, great for when you really have to cut through. very very fast neck, first time for me using medium frets, gotta say its now my preference. sustain for days. thinking of replacing all of my other basses for this series )

will have some pics up in about a month or so when i get home

6. Paisa

Paisa

May 19, 2009
    I bought one about 3 weeks ago and I love it! However, I now own 2 of them as a result of ordering it at 2 different places and it taking forever for the first one to arrive. By the time I tried to cancel the other, it had also come in. Know anyone that wants one? I was not an Ibanez guy until my wife bought me a BTB for Xmas. I saw the SR5005E at NAMM and had to have one.

7. I'm beggin' here! PLEASE, one of you post some clips! I'm really interested in these but most of the ibanez basses I have played have sounded like crap so I'm hesitant. Does GC stock these? If so ?I might hit up my local one to see if they have one I can funk around on.

8. Mellow D

Mellow D

Apr 7, 2009
    Norway, Oslo
    Pics please or your a big phat liar!!!!

no PIC no Bass

9. I'm with my Spector-lovin' friend here. :smug: My first "Good Bass" was an SR-800 that took me through 4+ years or original band demo & EP recordings, live shows, and the vast majority of my "early" playing. My next bass was an SR-1206 six-string that was my main bass for my time in Cover Band Land, some "ghosting" projects, and professional session and live work. Basically the entire first *decade* of my bass playing was on Ibanez basses, and although I found myself moving on to different tones/construction/types of basses in general after that I still have a soft spot for quality Ibanez, and as I've posted before this is the first bass since some of their Prestige-level models in the mid-'90s that I could see myself playing and even purchasing. Reading HammerSmashBASS & Paisa's positive reviews are certainly great to read, and I can't wait until someone is able to record some clips of the new Bartolini pickups and redesigned EQ.

10. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    Come on, we want pics and sound clips!

Meanwhile, it's been about a month since I ordered a 4005e that still hasn't arrived... What's the matter with Ibanez in Europe? Pretty much all of their 2009 basses are on backorder on every online store...

11. Many congrats guys! Great choice! [​IMG]

I live by Ibanez SR series, and would love to pick up an SR4005E in trans black some day when the $$ permits.

I'm save'n this thread waiting for lots of great pictures ... :cool:

You can post them here too >> http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521017

12. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    You have two SR5005E's and need to sell off one of them?

13. Paisa

Paisa

May 19, 2009
    I had the same thing happen. I saw the SR5005E at Winter NAMM 2009 and I fell in love. A friend of mine is a big time Ibanez dealer, so I asked him to order one for me. He couldn't find it in his price sheet, so he called his rep. He was told this model was new to the U.S. and that they would be hitting the docks in a couple of weeks. So we waited. A couple of weeks turned into a couple more weeks, then a couple more and suddenly we were into April. I found out that my brother is also an Ibanez dealer, so, having my doubts about the first order, I asked him to look into it for me. The answer was the same. He was told 12 of them were due in by mid April, which was "a couple of weeks" away. He ordered one for me and I figured he wouldn't get it. By now we were into mid May and nothing.

The first week of June, I received a call from my friend with whom I first placed the order. The bass had finally arrived. So I called my brother to cancel that second order. No problem, right? Well, neither he nor I knew that the second bass was already in transit. It showed up a couple of days later and I felt obligated to take it off his hands. I didn't want put him through the inconvenience of returning, so I paid for it. I love them both, but I don't need two!

Anybody want one? GC and others are saying that they won't be in stock until after July 17.

14. mfbolton

mfbolton Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have the 4005E in the trans flat black. Love it!!!! I started a thread on here with a pretty thorough review. Any one interested should be able to find it with a quick search. I highly recommend these to everyone.