Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ibanez?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by El-Gato, Dec 15, 2002.

1. El-Gato

El-Gato

Dec 3, 2002
    I am wondering what kind of Ibanez Rob Derhak from moe. is using in this picture. I am almost positive it is a custom SRX as listed on the Ibanez website, but I can't figure out what model or anything.

Rob Derhak (3rd picture)

2. It looks like it, but then again, you can always get what you want for the right $!

3. hmm, looks like a custom SRX 505. Control layout, P/U's and body shape wise. Bridge is different. Non-catalog neck inlays and finish though.

Pretty cool IMHO.

4. Not true, to get an Ibanez custom shop you have to be on their Artist register.

5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea I would say thats definately a SRX custon

6. Well, since when did Ibanez offer a maple neck, quilted maple top and individual bridge saddles on the SRX 5 series? Plus, custom inlays? thought so...

7. They don't, only in custom shop models. To get a custom shop model you have to be on their register (endorsee). I was referring to the 'any amount of $ will get you what you want' term, which is untrue.

8. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I just saw them a couple of nights ago, and was going to ask the same question. I fell in love with that bass. His tone is just godly.