Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New In Flames - REROUTE TO REMAIN

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    fourteen songs of concious insanity, it says on the cover. I typically really like In Flames, so I can't wait to hear this. Just a heads up for any casual In Flames fans.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hmn. I'll have to give it a listen. Not a big In Flames fan, but hey, who can deny "fourteen songs of concious insanity?"

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I prefer their older stuff - like Jester Race, Whoracle etc. Clay Man had some great songs on it but I didn't like the direction they were going. Friends of mine have heard their new material, though, and say it's kind of going back to their older ways...

Those guys have changed IMHO, musically and personally. My old band opened for them in '99 and they were incredibly nice people, but since then they've become much more aloof and "rock-starry", if I dare say so... :(

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I like the new album. I think it's a mix of the older stuff and an evolution. I can see how people who really liked colony and whoracle will dislike it though. Don't get me wrong, they haven't gone metallica here, but the sound is different.

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Sorry, I should clarify. I haven't heard the new one yet - I was referring to Clay Man. Oops! :cool: