1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New In Flames - The Mirrors Truth

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Marlat, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I just received the new In Flames EP that precedes their new album. I must say I am very happy with it. Its much more like "classic" In Flames compared to Come Clarity (which had a couple of killer tracks, but overall left me wanting). All the tracks on the new EP are good and thats some juicy harmonized guitar solos in the tracks that have been lacking for a while.

I also think the production on this new stuff is SO much better than Come Clarity, which, quite frankly, was awful. I listen through studio monitors at home and really notice bad production and mixing and the last In Flames album was terrible. This stuff is really well mixed. Defintely check it out if you've lost faith in them in the last few years.

2. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    i feel like they have way too many songs out. they all sound the same because theres a million of them

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    :confused:

Not familiar with someone like Frank Zappa or John Zorn are you? :D In Flames hardly have a huge catalogue. I think a couple of albums were underdone, but their early stuff is awesome!

4. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    fyi they have 15 albums out on itunes, if you disagree with me

5. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    what do you call 150+songs?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    A good start.

Seriously, they have 8 studio albums with a 9th due out next month. For a band that started in the early 90's, that's hardly a massive amount. Its one every 2 years. They also have one live album and a live CD/DVD package. I think you are counting their singles / EPs in the album count. There is also a pretty marked difference in sound between their first few albums and the later ones.

7. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006

they have 11 listen on there website.

my point is there bland.

just my oppinion

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yes, one is a live album and two are EPs, that makes eight as I said. Thanks for your opinion. I am glad to see all the effort you went to to point that out.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I thought Colony and Reroute to Remain were great but the other records wern't so great imo. I thought Come Clarity was pap. :(

10. I can really only listen to Colony. But colony gets a lot of playtime for me!

11. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    This new EP is pretty decent. I agree they're not the most exciting band ever. However, they were pretty good live. I'm going to see them again on Gigantour fo sho.

12. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    what a cool guy you are