Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Incubus.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by popinfresh, Jul 12, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Who's heard it? Opinions?

I'm sorely dissapointed.

Whilst ACLOTM was still slightly experimental/dark and some songs had a hint of their old style, this new stuff is just plain crap. They sound just like any other rock band. :(

I just watched the make a move video too, and thought it was lame.

Ben does some nice lines, but nothing special and everyone else was pretty poor IMO. Brandon's lyrics didn't suit the song, Kilmore did nothing at all.

Sorry for dissing, but seriously. I've stuck up for Incubus right until Morning View and some of ACLOTM, they at least still sounded different to other bands, but this is just mainstream crap. So dissapointing for a band who used to bag the hell out of MTV and people on it :rolleyes:

Any opinions?

2. Stopped caring after "s.c.i.e.n.c.e.". Shame really.

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    For some reason when I heard make a move all I could thing was RATM.... but not good RATM....maybe it was his tone or somehting. I think they should quit and make a whole experimental album with stuff like they did on the Halo2 soundtrack.

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus

Haha, that's exactly what I thought! A bad sounding RATM..

I've heard some good experimental stuff, like that Halo thing, and a couple other random tracks I found in a Zip file. But this stuff that's going on the album is pretty lame =/

5. I don't like the new album at all with an exception of Sick sad little world, great guitar solo. Seeing Live at Red Rocks made me like the newer stuff better but morning view was their last good album, and probably will stay like that if they keep going in the direction they are going

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    When you replace an incredible bassist with a guitar player, you're destined to suck. See last album. When your main songwriter leaves, you're destined to suck. See last album.

I thought it was like one of those number-bands or something when I heard the last single on the radio. It's embarassing, actually. But after MV, they made out like bandits as far as cash goes, and they can be as lazy as they want now and still get paid for the album, regardless of how it sounds or sells. See last album.... :meh:

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey Troy, this is even newer stuff, heheh. No album yet, but theres a couple tracks out there. 'Make a move' is one of them.

RSB: Yeah I know, I still respect Ben though. I don't want anyone to bash him in this thread. He's a really talented musician, you should check out his solo stuff.

I could still enjoy MV and give Incubus some respect as they didn't sound like anyone else and there were still pretty descent lines in it from everyone. ACLOTM I didn't really get into, though I like a couple tracks, and I think some of it is more similar to SCIENCE than anything off MV etc. But the rest was below par IMO.

Then this stuff came around.. I thought they'd at least try to be different to others out there still :(