new: indyguitarist od/dist/fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xan, Jul 20, 2005.

1. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    im on the indyguitarist mailing list and i received this today:

"I'm so excited to tell you that our newest custom pedal is nearly ready for
    It is an overdrive, distortion, and fuzz all in one pedal, and I GUARANTEE your
    going to love it!

Here is a blurb from the website:
    The LAST overdrive/distortion/fuzz you will ever need!! Our new overdrive goes
    from clean boost
    to overdrive to distortion all the way to fuzz simply by stepping on a switch
    and turning the knobs!
    * Bass boost/cut switch
    * Blue Led
    * Completely True Bypass
    * Custom made Diamond Plate/Poplar enclosure with copper shielding for extra
    noise shielding!
    * Smooth and rich, Dark and Dirty, Nice Milky-Smooth, or Bright and Crunchy!
    * Guitar version and Bass Guitar version available as well!

Listen to the soundclip:

The price on this will be most likely $199

Please let me know what you think Michael -- I use my customer's comments to
    make our
    pedals better, so if you don't like it, please be so kind as to tell me *what*
    you don't like about it. :)

ALSO - The overdrive by itself will be available for $139.

Here is a picture of what this new line of pedals will look like:

i guess you would have to be a little skeptical about a pedal that claimed to be able to do all three modes well (it seems hard enough to one of those alone well for bass), but the clip sounds decent though it would be nice to hear a bass clip. it is good however that bassplayers are being considered here: the bass boost switch on the standard pedal and the fact that they make a bass voiced pedal. it looks like quite a nice pedal in the pic, and the site says that the 3 mode pedal would have another 2 pots for a total of 5, and a second stomp button.

as for the quality of indyguitarist gear, i think its actually tim juernig who makes the effects. hes the guy that makes the luxury drive. ive got an epidemic feedback looper/true bypass from him with a custom graphic on it which is quite nice and well constructed.

brian wampler runs indyguitarist and i directed him to this forum a while back and i believe hes a registered member.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've worked with Brain a lot in the past and he's a great guy to deal with. Can only say good things about his effects mods as well.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, like you I'm a bit skeptical of the 'three in one' claim but willing to try it out.