1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New instrumental track from me... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by negative theory, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I just finished mixing this one and I dig it, so I figured I'd see what others thought. It's instrumental rock, on the heavier side.

flojob and pcake like this.
  2. Mudloop

Mudloop

May 10, 2015
    I think this sounds great. It reminds me of the Pixies for some reason (their older stuff). Not sure if that's an influence at all.

saabfender and negative theory like this.
  3. Interesting. I've never actually listened to them. I'll have to look into their older stuff. Thanks!

4. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Cool recording. Nice job, I liked the mix.

negative theory likes this.
  5. I've been spending a lot of time working on mixes, it's nice to hear that it sounds good to other people. haha... :)

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Nice job. Suggestion: Add a more melodic lead guitar line to keep the listener's attention. I dig the vibe and groove, though.

7. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Needs more of a tune. That phrase repeated endlessly isn't enough with no variation isn't doing it.

8. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    I would definitely consider working with a lead guitar player. I feel I’m missing that. All parts sound good though.

9. Thanks for checking out the tune and taking the time to respond.

I can see the need for a more melodic lead. This is my first foray into writing, arranging, and recording on my own. I've been in bands for years, so it's a little different to shift gears and do it all.