New intermediate bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ex34.6, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ex34.6

Mar 17, 2006
    I used to play the bass quite well a few years ago, though I was admittedly still a beginner. I'm looking to get a "new" (used if I can find one I like) bass and small practice amp, and I would like some input. I'm looking to get a bass for less than $400. Right now, I'm really looking at the Yamaha BB414s, but can't find any used, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking at probably getting a 10W practice amp. I want an amp that will be able to keep up with one acoustic guitar. I have personal leanings towards Crate and Peavey, without much justification. Also, if anyone knows of any good used dealers in the Portland-Salem Oregon area, let me know.

2. TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    I suggest an Ibanez split-p model. Their amps are also very handy in most situations to keep up with an acoustic. They usually rack in at about 200-300$

Let me find their link:

Also you can buy many of their other 5-strings. Which in my personal opinion are very nice.
  3. ex34.6

Mar 17, 2006
    Yeah, I really should look at the Ibanez's. I've played on before & liked it, but it's been a while.