1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New intermediate bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ex34.6, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ex34.6

ex34.6

Mar 17, 2006
    Oregon
    I used to play the bass quite well a few years ago, though I was admittedly still a beginner. I'm looking to get a "new" (used if I can find one I like) bass and small practice amp, and I would like some input. I'm looking to get a bass for less than $400. Right now, I'm really looking at the Yamaha BB414s, but can't find any used, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking at probably getting a 10W practice amp. I want an amp that will be able to keep up with one acoustic guitar. I have personal leanings towards Crate and Peavey, without much justification. Also, if anyone knows of any good used dealers in the Portland-Salem Oregon area, let me know.

Jason

2. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    I suggest an Ibanez split-p model. Their amps are also very handy in most situations to keep up with an acoustic. They usually rack in at about 200-300$

Let me find their link: www.zzounds.com

Also you can buy many of their other 5-strings. Which in my personal opinion are very nice.

3. ex34.6

ex34.6

Mar 17, 2006
    Oregon
    Yeah, I really should look at the Ibanez's. I've played on before & liked it, but it's been a while.

Thanks