1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Ipod Nano

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by spencer, Sep 9, 2008.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    [​IMG]

Well what do you guys think? I know people, don't like change and when the last nano came out a year ago nobody liked it at first. However I like the old ones appearance, and size.

When I first saw the new ones I said, NOBODY makes tall screens, that thing better turn like the iphone, and it did, but I think the last nano was the best design...

One more thing the shake to shuffle.. I really hope, I mean it has to its apple, but you better be able to turn that thing off or the thing is gonna shuffle all the time..

2. They look like sissy girly woosie things. I want a carbon fiber shelled, rubber shock protected, waterproof, tactical Ipod :)

3. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    thats what I wanted, so I got the otterbox waterproof case for my old nano, still have it.. Awesome, drop proof, almost crushproof, waterproof for sure, airtight, dustproof....

And just ordered the new otterbox for my iphone, should be here tomorrow..

4. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Wow, I actually like these.

Still not better than the Creative Zens. :bassist:

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Actually, the iPod has ALWAYS been better than the zens. I had two of them, and both broke because of the cheap components used to make them.

The new iPod looks good. 120 gigs and $250. The new stuff with the touch looks cool too, but if you're going to dump out the money for a touch, might as well get the iPhone.

6. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Thanks for Otterbox brand name. Never heard of it. Great for my Blackberry.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I saw someone call it "the iPod Zune".

bc

8. Give me a zen any day of the week.

My bro just bought one of the newer zens, and I just bought a zen stone.

Still rocking out the iRiver H340 tho! Wish iRiver still made large capacity players, kicked the crud out of any ipod!

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I think Ill keep saving for the iTouch...

Since when does Elton John design the color schemes for Apple? :bag:

10. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I've had one of their old models for 5+ years and it's working perfectly fine, even the battery still charges pretty well.

Creative has worst customer service imaginable though, hands down.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Absolutely...anyone who saw the whole "Daniel_K" debacle that was all over the PC forums knows that too. Their driver support on their sound cards is infamously wretched as well.

bc

12. Interesting design. The last generation kinda sucked, they were too wide and didn't fit into a pocket near as well, which is the whole point of a nano.

lowsound

13. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Luckily, most of their stuff are well made, so I haven't even had to bother with them. :)

14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I was thinking about getting one, I really like the orange one!
    But I could get an 120 gig Ipod classic for a few bucks more.

15. I appear to be in the minority, but I really like that shape.

Mike

16. I liked the look of the shape, but it just wasn't as practical as the older/new ones.

lowsound

17. +1.

AND with a removable battery!

18. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Welcome, there awesome... definatly make the thing bigger, only other downside is if you leave them in a hot car for a while the trackwheel I guess sticks to the plastic on the cover and won't let you scroll unless you open it and then close it agian..

19. so they basically slimmed down the old mini

I like

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love it. It's basically a slightly rounder 2nd gen Nano with more features. I found a lot of people hating the 3rd gen because it was TOO small to handle with one hand comfortably. The height on this one makes it easier to work with.

The girlfriend wants an orange one. I want a new red one.