New Iron Maiden Box Set

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by camoe, Nov 27, 2002.

1. camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    I got the new box set yesterday (damn thing is spendy) and here is the skinny. You get 3 double CDs which include the following: Beast Over Hammersmith, a double CD of their 82 world tour featuring most of the big tracks from their first 3 albums; BBC Archives, a double CD of 79' BBC radio show cuts and varous live performances from '80, '82, and '88; Best of the B sides, another double CD that features 31 various B side cuts and a few unreleased live cuts. More than a few covers are on this CD. Hearing "My Generation" by Iron Maiden was pretty trippy.

Recording quality is actually guite good considering the age of some of these recordings and most importantly to us...Steve's bass is present and obvious on most recordings.

I haven't listened to each and every track all the way through but as an old school Maiden fan, I love this collection.

It also comes with a pewter "Eddie" shot glass and a band "tree" of all previous and current band members with dates and all of that good stuff for history buffs.

Up the Irons!

2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    thats spiffy riffic~!
    the who covor that maiden did is really sweet.. =D sooo sweet it makes me wanna crap my pants!
  3. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    That's pretty damn sweet!
  4. Picked up my box set Saturday.......YES!