Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new jack here needs advice

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by spacecanoe, Jul 16, 2005.

1. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    :help: hey guys long time electric bassist trying on the ol db finally. got myself a christopher 300 hybrid carved top had it set up at the place where i bought it , the guys seem to know there **** so i cant second guess them. no my problem VOLUME or lack there of. any tips? im digging in hard on my e string and still its quieter than the rest. i know it has to do with the physics of souund and the energy needed for lowert tones and all. but any tips on what may be the problem or if its just the way it is would be greatly appreciated

2. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    thanks . no i dont have a teacher . im only 3 days on the upright.. the strings are low theres adjusters in the bridge and there alllll the way down. how do i adjust them wothought screwing up the bridge position or dropping the sound post. im going to hook up lessons soon as i can afford it. eeveryone in my city is at least 60$ an hour and an hour isnt much time as we all know:p bunk

thanks again! :bassist:

3. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    will do boss... since i just layed out a mad mound of cash for the beast ill have to track a teacher down and schedual a few lessons after i get ye ol bank account repleneshed... damn wheres the good teacher willing to take on a broken down hobo of a bassist for free HAHAHA