Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Jaco album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by InfinityJaco, Dec 24, 2001.

1. InfinityJaco

InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    Illinois
    Hey,
    I read in Bass Player that the new Jaco Pastorius album is out! Portrait of Jaco: The Early Years. But when I go to the websites where it's supposed to sell them, it's not there!! It's not on JacoPastorius.com, or Jacotheearlyyears.com (which is Bob Bobbings website...which isn't even up!).
    Does anyone know where Portrait of Jaco is?!?! :confused:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...the only thing I can figure-
    What's the MONTH on that Bass Player? January? If so, look for the cds in January(I guess).
    It's about damn time, too! ;)

3. InfinityJaco

InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    Illinois
    Yeah, the month is Jan. 2002...it said in the article that the album was to be released on Dec. 1, 2001 to coincide with Jaco's birthday or first solo album or somethin, i forget...
    But it's Dec 25!!!! 24 days late...

4. Yea, I read about this too, but like all the other Jaco stuff, expect to wait. How long was www.jacopastorius.com in the works before it was actually up and running?

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I hit Jaco's "Official Site" & saw that his mom has just recently passed(12-21, I think)...that's probably a reason for the delay. I would think Bobbing's cd release would be a joyful event; right now, I'm assuming everyone involved is in a period of grieving.

RIP, Mrs. P

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    from jacopastorius.com

WHEN? Place your bets! It's my intention to have everything come together around March 1st. This should allow enough time for the distribution aspects of the release to be locked down as well as for the promotions, not to mention me finishing the booklet! I really did plan to release around Jaco's birthday, but life is complicated. So, hopefully March 1st.

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...yeah, March 1st.

***NOTE***
    Bobbing didn't mention March of what year...

8. low_mid

low_mid

Nov 20, 2001
    Lowell, MA
    :D Good point!