Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Jamiroquai album preview.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. I don't like it at all :rollno:

3. Thanks woodchuck. Well, I think it sounds ok except Black Devils Car, that's awfull. Surely some nice funky playing from the new bassist and good tone too. He sounds better that Nick Fyffe, but that might simply be because the bass is a lot more prominent in the mix on this recording. I think this one sounds a little more organic than the previous two, but it's hard to judge from 30 seconds clips.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hmmmmm.........tracks I dig are...........

8 sounds like a old disco song
    11 but needs a real bass on it

Sounds good enough for me to obtain it! :eyebrow:

5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Sounds pretty cool to me. Thanks for the link Woodchuck.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I actually like it, at least, I like it better than anything they've done since Zender split.

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Picked this up last night and I like it - I think it's their best one in a few years. Granted, I'd rather hear fewer JK "bass" lines :rolleyes: and fewer synth bass but, overall, it sounds quite good, even with some old school flair.

Derek McIntyre's lines are quite nice - sounds like he's playing a Warwick(?).

I agree with an earlier poster who stated that Black Devil's Car is not a good song. In fact, I'd suggest that it and the first song are probably the only two songs on the CD I can do without.

A couple of the tunes on it are even Seal-esque (old Seal, when he still had soul), which is nice.