NEW Janes Addiction!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jun 24, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I just heard it two days ago.

Anyone know when the new album is coming out?
    The single I heard just blew me away.
  2. slowride

Jun 10, 2003
    Wheaton, IL
    7/22/03, as of now...

They're also on the new Lollapalooza tour this year. I saw them on the original, they were really good...
  3. Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    It should be interesting to see the newly revived Jane's Addiction. I saw them back in '92 and was plain blown away by their intensity and originality. In any event, I don't think their new CD could be that bad. I just wonder how long Perry's voice can hold out with those high notes.
  4. Personally,I have no idea what people see in this band.I cannot stand them...this radio station around here makes a big deal about them like they're Buddah or something:rolleyes:

Just my .02 :-D

5. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Never cared for them at all, but I heard the new single on the radio and kinda dug it. I still can't stand Dave Navarro though...such a nancy.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I'm not so hot on Perry Farell, but I've heard good things about Chris Chaney.
  7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Here's a Link to listen to the new single "Just Because".

As a long time, HUGE JA fan, I LOVE it and I can't wait for the new CD!!!!
  8. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    OK, I got the CD yesterday and I have to say, I love it! :hyper:
  9. Listen to their album "Ritual De Lo Habitual".

JA kicks ass
  10. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    They are a great band. Tons of good songs and good chemistry, along with good individuals. Many bands with monster players can't come near the sum JA puts out, while not sounding like they are trying too hard. hopefully the new album will pick where theyleft off.
  11. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    JA is a great band Period. When they came out they where so original and had a sound and style all their own. The new single on the radio is good, I think the new CD will be great like the rest of their CD's
  12. Macron69

Mar 24, 2000
    Puerto Rico
    I just finished listening to it and i like it. It's a relief to hear something good amognst all the crap that's been out latetly. It was like meeting a good friend that you haven't seend in years. Nods to Jane's.
  13. I've been totally immersing myself in this album for the past three weeks. It gets better and better with every listen. The sound was instantly familiar, yet completely fresh. Miles ahead of anything else on rock radio right now, IMO. And listening to Chris Chaney's playing is like a free lesson every time out. This is perfect rock bass -- he's 100% solid, but every now and then, he steps out and reminds you who you're dealing with. Inspirational! Everyone go get this record.
  14. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Why didn't the original bass player come back with them? I heard he thought it was a sell out thing and he didn't want to do it.

He was my favorite part about JA. Sloppy, punky playing, cool P-Bass tone, and amazing riffs. Mountain Song, Summertime Rolls, etc., etc.
  15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    in the words of jack black..... this album is ROCKTASTIC!!!!
  16. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've never had any interest in Jane's Addiction. Then a buddy played a single off the new CD. The next day I bought, I'm blown away! The disc is amazing, and the bass playing is awesome!
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like I need to check this out! I haven't bought anything since Ritual.
  18. tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Yeah, me too. And, er, me neither.

I have realllly been dropping a lot of coin on cd's lately. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a problem...:p
  19. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Eric Avery, the original bass player (who incidentally wrote most of the rocktastic riffs on the Nothing's Shocking album) quit becasue he got fed up with Perry Farrell's ego and posturing. Also, according to some accounts, he started feeling that the band had strayed too far from rock into "art".

I was really into JA when NS came out, and thought Ritual was OK. The new album sounds so ... dated to me. I guess because I caught them the first time around this album just sounds like more of the same with modern production to me.

BTW if you really want to hear JA at their peak seek out the live album that was released on XXX records. Absolutely mindblowing.