Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wardepaul, May 15, 2002.

1. wardepaul

wardepaul

Apr 24, 2002
    Torquay, Devon
    I Wonder if any one can help me, I seem to be having a problem with the new Fender Jazz i've bought. I play it through a Peavy session bass head, with a 15" black widow cab. Now the problem I was experiencing last night during rehearsals was that when i played notes on the A or D string I was struggling to hear it, yet when playing notes on the E or G string it was fine loud and nice and clear. Obviously when the rest of the band weren't playing it was fine. Could the settings on my amp be wrong as I've always used a P-Bass in the past. Help got a gig on Saturday.:confused:

2. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello! I guess you dropped the mid knob... or your A and D strings are "dead"... or you must set your pickups. Yes, if you have a P-bass, you can adjust the two parts of the split pickup separately. You should turn the bolts on them until the strings have all the same output volume... I hope this helps!:)