New Jersey Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by camello, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    I've heard about AAIRUS and the guys I'm planning to play with said they aren't the nicest people and have cameras checkin' you out in the jam rooms. I'd go just to try it but they seem pretty set against it.

2. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    I agree with the " guys " from my past experience.

3. sxride

sxride

Nov 19, 2005
    North New Jersey
    Hi All. Gig on Friday, hope you and your friends can make it! Stop by and say "Hi!" - looking forward to meeting fellow TBr's.

My band is playing at 8pm – Ninth Paradigm

FRIDAY AUGUST 19
    CONNOLLY'S KLUB 45, 121 West 45 Street (between 6th Ave. & Broadway), 212-597-5126 - Third Floor
    $10 admission - 21+ w/ID
    For further info: Connolly's Pub Klub 45 NYC - Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant - New York, NY | Facebook

Bands Performing:
    7pm Regular Joe (myspace.com/regularjoeny)
    8pm Ninth Paradigm (myspace.com/ninthparadigm)
    9pm The Euphonics (theeuphonics.com)
    10pm Transit Method (transitmethod.net)
    11pm Red Stars At Dawn (redstarsatdawn.com)

4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    You mean Woodland Park. ;)

I lived there around the turn of the century.

5. SXride, Sorry I can't make it buddy but, tear it up! and let us know how it goes RTS

6. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm trying to hook up The Dead End Kids with some gigs, as their current options are teh suck. I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see much info, so I'm asking whoever is active. Can y'all recommend me a booking agent that won't rip them off? Thanks in advance! :)

7. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    Holy smokes!!!! Congratulations, dude! That place has a lot of history from the looks of it. Keep on rockin'! \m/

8. Nice rt!

9. Thanks guys!

10. mottshoople

mottshoople

Feb 1, 2010
    rt,

Congrats. The place has a great rep. It's only about 15 minutes from my house, but for some reason, I've never been. Good luck.

11. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    My advice would be to assume they all will rip you off.

Besides that I would say that they should find similar bands they could gig with and try and build a following. See what promoters they deal with. Once you have a following every booking agent is your friend.

Otherwise personally I have delt with Jersey Shows and Capital City Concerts.

Good Luck!

12. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Really? That's unfortunate. Personally, I've always found them to big nice and helpful, especially the owner Joe. I'd say give it a try and see for yourself though. I haven't been there in a long-time, so maybe things have changed.

13. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. They don't have a promoter currently, I've been spreading the word and getting them gigs here and there. I somehow went from being a software developer to a promoter. Even though the drummer and bassist are good friends of mine, I'd like to pass the work off to someone else as it's too demanding. My phone keeps going off with gig requests. Haha. :)

14. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Saw pics of your gig at Aqua. Cool.

Felipe is an Asbury resident. Yep, the indian from the Village Peeps! He is a really great guy and really appreciates good musicians and music.

I'll let him know you googled him...

15. sxride

sxride

Nov 19, 2005
    North New Jersey
    Hi! Anyone in the NYC area tonight!

My band is playing at 8pm – Ninth Paradigm
    Plus 4 other bands!

Thanks

FRIDAY AUGUST 19
    CONNOLLY'S KLUB 45, 121 West 45 Street (between 6th Ave. & Broadway), 212-597-5126 - Third Floor
    $10 admission - 21+ w/ID
    For further info: Connolly's Pub Klub 45 NYC - Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant - New York, NY | Facebook

Bands Performing:
    7pm Regular Joe (myspace.com/regularjoeny)
    8pm Ninth Paradigm (myspace.com/ninthparadigm)
    9pm The Euphonics (theeuphonics.com)
    10pm Transit Method (transitmethod.net)
    11pm Red Stars At Dawn (redstarsatdawn.com)

16. If anyone is free Sat night and in North Jersey we will be in Clifton at Bogey's thanks

17. george rumbol's dead end kids? we gotta know each other.

18. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    LOL!!! That's great thanks!!! We are playing their again tonight. Hope Felipe will be in attendance. And of course if you can make it I would like to meet a fellow TB'er especially one as active and informative as yourself. And of course a beer or two on me :)

19. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    Doubt it. I'm gonna send you a PM. I'm at The Pike Tavern on Thursdays in Magnolia. I gave George a small list of places 2 weeks ago to call for gigs. Since then I get the occasional text from Bobby for other venues - not sure if they got booked for one or not. My ex's aunt is a promoter and she's gonna fwd me a list in the next few days. I love their sound. They can really go places with the right hook ups. George is one of the few guitarists that make me go :eyebrow:. Haha. :)

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.