New Jersey Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by camello, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thank you, glad to be in such good company. anybody play rooms in s. jersey or philly?

2. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Is there a comprehensive list of open mic places for NJ? Looking for places to go with my new friends..

Maybe we could start one:

Lenny's Night Out - South Plainfield (electric, I think)
    Court Tavern - New Brunswick (electric, I think)

3. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
  4. The Taproom in Westmont used to have a nice jam on Thursday nights... haven't been there in a while. It was electric and sort of bluesy.

Studio LuLoo in Oaklyn has a jam. It's pretty good, but acoustic.

5. dagovna659

dagovna659

Mar 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hi all, I just found this, hope i'm not too late for a #
    I'm in willingboro,nj (burlington county)

6. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    Updated Open Mic List

Lenny's Night Out - South Plainfield (electric, I think) - Wednesday
    The Robin's Nest in Linden.
    The Taproom in Westmont - Thursday, Electric
    Studio LuLoo in Oaklyn - Acoustic

7. I moved to S Jers about 7 years ago and have been playing clubs/bars down here since then. My most recent and upcoming gigs include: the TLA, Grape Room, Legendary Dobbs, Dave and Busters, Landmark, Club Risque :oops:.

My acoustic cover duo markets to the Gloucester/Salem county area during the fall and spring.

Are you looking for venues/promoters?

8. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    The Pike Tavern in Magnolia (Electric, all kinds of rock) - Thursdays 9pm-2am. You'll always find me there. hah.

9. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    Updated Open Mic List

Lenny's Night Out - South Plainfield (electric, I think) - Wednesday
    The Robin's Nest in Linden.
    The Taproom in Westmont - Thursday, Electric
    Studio LuLoo in Oaklyn - Acoustic
    The Pike Tavern in Magnolia (Electric, all kinds of rock) - Thursdays 9pm-2am

10. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    This one sounds good but is SOOO far from me.

11. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    I think they also have acoustic night on Wednesdays. I'll check when I go later this week.

12. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    To all my NJ bassist friends, hope you are all tucked away. Make sure you have a battery powered amp and plenty of candles.

Stay safe, and be well. I'm close to the shore, hopefully I have all the basses high enough up.

Talk to you after the hurricane passes!

13. Assuming the power goes out, I'm going to spend some time playing non-amplified. I'm working through Ray Petersons Jaco Pastorious book. Lots of fun.

14. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm a basement dweller. My basses now reside in my friend's bomb shelter converted to studio until whatever this storm is gonna become is done and over with. The humidity down here already makes it so I have to constantly adjust the necks. I figured it would be better if I got them outta here. To all of my fellow NJ peers, good luck. Stay safe, be dry. Don't be heroes unless you absolutely must. See y'all on the TB android or iphone apps. Keep on rocking! \m/

15. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Yes, everyone be safe, and stay away from trees.

16. Stay safe everyone, especially those close to the shore.

BTW, anyone else have cancelled gigs this weekend? I was supposed to play Dave and Busters in philly tomorrow on the outside deck. Yeah... notsomuch anymore.

My buddy's band Da Rezarekt (hip hop) had 3 cancelled gigs! Rough...

17. yea, i played the tin angel last night. great time, and was supposes to go to salisbury, md. tonight. i don't think so. be safe all.

18. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    I just realized that I forgot to case and raise my collection. $20K of basses on stands. Even the most dire predictions don't have me flooded that high, but geez, what If it does? Say goodbye to the purple Kubicki Factor, my Dano's, and yep, my Vaccaro...

Here's to crossing your fingers...(I have flood insurance so if they are a loss I'll cry, but I'll get the cash to replace 'em, which as you know really means buy all new different stuff...)

19. I had 2 shows kaboomed, but I def feel better not going...

also can I grab a number? thanks!

I've heard the roadhouse in barrington is doing an open mic night on Thursdays that aint bad.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.