New Jerzy Drozd bass and updated

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scissor Man, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005
    Check out the new website here.
    Wow, the new barcelona bass looks so good, but it's probably really expensive considering that it's an "artist signature model."

Another cool thing: Go to the "finishes" page, and look at the bass finished with a natural honey finish; that's my bass.
  2. I will have the honor of seeing and hearing that bass (and Carles!) at the Chick Corea concert at the Detroit Symphony Hall Tuesday, October 11th! I'm totally digging my new Drozd, and have enjoyed a couple of email conversations with Jerzy. He is a class act and a very good luthier.... his basses are truly works of art, but more importantly they sound great and play wonderfully. :hyper: I assume you are liking yours a lot also?
  3. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005
    I love mine, it was the best out of the 30 or so high end basses that I tried out. I'm instrested to hear what the new barcelona sounds like; I can only imagine that it sounds his other basses.
  4. A TBer put up a clip of Carles playing at NAMM (I assume it was NAMM anyway). It's on my thread about Chick and Carles in the Bassists part of the site. Check it out... that tone is surely not my thing, but it is very unique, woody and organic. He sure is a unique player.
  5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Wowowowowow! Talk about pegging the GAS-o-meter! :hyper:

Jerzy makes beautiful basses. They really are works of art.
  6. Great site, cool guy. My Legend is the 6er on the top of the legend page and it is beautiful and sooo precise.
  7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Not really digging the Barcelona... The body looks too (dare I say it)..

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The wish influence is finally hitting the high end. I wonder when we'll see the "wish signature" models from Korea by Cort? :D
  9. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    What happened to that "Vintage" style bass he was making? Remember that super old interview where he was talking about that? I'd prefer that new bass if they're wasn't that cut out on the upper horn, oh well, doesn't look bad though.
  10. Remember, that new bass design (the Barcelona) is not meant to be another version of his general line. It's a very unusual sounding bass (check out the clip on the Bassist site under 'Carles and Chick'), and was made for a very unique bassist playing a very unusual style with an unusual sound. I would think this bass would have very limited application and appeal to most players (although it you are into the Steve Swallow thing, I bet it's awesome).

PS. I does look a little 'wishy' though :eek: :eek: :eek:
  11. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Was gonna post the site, noticed two days ago but forgot, hope he gets the wood section fully working soon. Site is excellent and the contents are as great as ever, I just want to say that those not wanting to see bass pr0n shouldn't click the signature, it's just pr0n, 'specially with the new pup covers. The Sequel is gourgeous too and the Prodigy LE is as sweet as ever.
  12. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Oh also, just noticed the prodigy is discontinued, persumably they intend people to pimp their Mastery up or just get a Sig or LE.
  13. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Nice new look to his site. But there are still some areas that need work. A few dead links.....a little frustrating.

Yeah, it does nothing for me as well.
  14. I think the site launched only about 24 hours ago. He's already added stuff in that time period. It should be totally operational soon.
  15. OK, I know I posted this last week when I picked it up, but thought some of the current visitors to this thread might be interested. Here's my new Excellency.... Etimoe body, spalted maple top, ebony board and knobs/pu covers, OB-3 preamp. I'm very pleased with this bass

16. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    that top is stunning! i love that subtle flame running accross the spalt...
  17. Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Man, I'm so digging Jerzy's work.

KJung - great bass! I love the way the pickups look, and the rest of the bass as well. :hyper:
  18. Thanks guys. I had kind of sworn off the hippie sandwich thing, but these high end bolt-ons (like MTD, this particular Drozd model, etc.) really float my boat. They seem more 'playable' and instrument-oriented than some of the extreme neck through woodworking-type custom jobs (IMO, of course), if that makes sense. I really like the idea of the tried and true 'bolt a big chunk of maple to another big chunk of wood and string 'er up' sort of deal. The fact that you can get pretty veneers, etc. is a bonus! :hyper:
  19. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

From the two minutes or so that I spent with it at LDS last week, I can certainly say that it is appropriately named. Excellent!!

20. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Can't wait to see YC's 10'er finished.