Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Job, New Supporting Member.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jack, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Hey guys, now that Ive got a job and some money, I could finally throw Paul the $20 Ive owed him for so long.

If you think how much youve probably got out of this site (like my Ashdown), then the small amount of cash is definately worth it considering that youre helping to keep TB up and running.

Anyway, there are plenty of reasons not to support, so I digress, just be happy for me and my new avatar!

Jack.

PS- This kinda sounds im encouraging people to support, and yeah, people who can should. But I didnt post this as proganda or anything, I just wanted to post a celebration that Ive achieved (semi)greatness with a supporting membership. :)

2. Congrats Jack :cool: It's defnitely worth the money. btw there's a new (supporting) member thread in the lounge

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    D'oh, havent even checked the lounge out yet. Guess this doesnt bring wisdom like its supposed to, huh? :D

4. good for you. i want to become a supporting member too... i just need to get a job first.

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Lol, Id been here two years before I got mine. Thats a bonus of being here actually, theres no pressure to do anything really. As long as noone buys Behringer, or a Wishbass, or Tara Labs cables or . . . . . . . . :D

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Jack...what kind of job did you get?

I had this nice feeling after I became a SM also. I felt like I did my good deed for the day.

-Mike

7. LOL - wait till you get a look at the Lounge before discussing wisdom... :D

8. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I work at Beamish Museum. Beamish

Its basically a huge site with varous recreations of North East history. The thing that makes it different is that instead of having exhibits behind bars and museum staff in uniform, everything is set out how it would have been, visitors walk into houses, chapels, schools, a full high street and talk to people in costume, playing roles around the site. I work in the Colliery Village, either as a mine office clerk, a school teacher, a methodist minister or in the cottages baking bread or making mats.

Im 16, most of friends are delivering papers and stacking shelves, being an 'interperator' (sp?) is fantastic!

And yes. I have seen the wisdom of SM's. I am not impressed. :D

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very cool. I love history. There is a place similar to that not far from where I live. It is called the Pioneer Farm. I like going out there and walking around. Cool stuff for sure.

Oh yeah, the word you are looking for is "interpreter".

-Mike