Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Job....!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Hi everyone......some of you already know me to some extent, but I had news worth sharing (I think so,anyhow) so here I am.
    After 14 months on the road as the Western Canadian Sales Manager for the Canadian Hartke/Zoom/Samson distributor I am happily back at the place where I got my start in the music retail industry several years ago.
    I am now the M.I. Division Sales Manager for AXE Music, in Edmonton, Alberta, and part of my new job will be co-managing the new www.axemusic.com website which I am happy to say provides Canadian musicians with a viable and competitive ONLINE retail store. The website is still in its infancy and many changes and improvements are coming in the next couple of months, but it IS up and running already, and the future looks very exciting for this new venture.
    The last 14 months have been fun, but also very hard on my Fiance and our kids because of how much time I spent away from home. With a new "blended" family and a wedding this Spring in the works, being away from home just wasn't an option, and I am happy to be home every night and the future is brighter than ever.
    Any of you Canadian Talkbass folk who may have had business dealings with me in the past are invited to look me up at AXE, I'll be happy to help you out again.
    You can email me at the axemusic.com website or pm/email me here on TB if you need anything or just to say hi.
    Cheers,
    Rod

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    heh heh.... "harder" heh heh....

My sincerest apologies for my immaturity.

3. Congrats on the new job, Rod!!! :)

Is your company taking applications? :D

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey Rod....that's some good news bro!

It's great when things start falling into place so well like they are for you right now. Congratulations!

On a sad side note....I got ripped off a couple years ago by a pawn shop in Prince Albert that was supposed to sell me an Axe bass cabinet. When I see the Axe name, I get mad. Nothing against them though.

-Mike

5. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Congratulations! Sounds like you landed yourself a nice job there my friend.

Andy

6. Thats really cool Rod...good luck!

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    heh heh... "rod"... heh heh..

Once again, my apologies.

8. Hey! My name is Rod too. Well its actually Rodrigo. But all my friends call me Rod.

9. Just a follow up, make sure you check out the NEW website, at www.axemusic.com, I'd like to hear your feedback on the layout, and the pricing from the Canadian TB'ers especially. Remember, it's still very much under construction so keep that in mind.
    ( All you USA TB folk remember that our dollar is not exactly on a par with yours, so if the prices seem high to you, we're NOT insane, but the exchange rate is.)
    We JUST re-introduced Spector Basses to the Bass Department (they'll be online soon) and are hoping to add a few other interesting lines later this Spring.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Glad to see you guys using VeriSign. I consult for them.

-Mike