Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New John Myung bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Jun 3, 2004.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Ymaha's latest adition to their arsenal is this RBX shaped bass with an MM humbucker.

Specs:

Features a Alder body, a bolt-on Maple 24 fret neck with a 34"-scale Rosewood fingerboard, a muscular, contoured double-cutaway body and a 3-D headstock design that's sure to make everyone take notice.

2. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Say, have you tried the original Myung bass with the flame top and 2 humbuckers? How does this new addition compared to the older one?

Ron

3. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Waouh, it s an incredible scoop! lol
    There are many thread about it, and I ever played it.

4. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    taken with me very own camera! :cool:
    [​IMG]

5. But once again, WHY does it have to have a MM shaped pickup? WHY? It's NOT a Music Man!

Aaaaaargh! :mad:

6. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA

7. I don't think I'm being unfair. It's like MM lost their 20 year patent on that pup shape, and now everyone copies it without improving it. I think the pup is cool looking, but it's lost its identity, if you ask me. It used to be a solid Music Man association. Not anymore. That's bass-ically the point I'm making.

Why, out of all these cloners, has NOT ONE of them offered adjustable polepieces? I'll tell you why, it's because it's more about fashion than function.

A G&L Magnetic Field Design is a superior design, infintely more adjustable and versitile, and no one clones that one. WHY? Because it's just a rectangle. Not a rectangle with quirky little tabs sticking out of it.

I'm not super pro G&L nor am I super anti Music Man. That's not the point I'm trying to make. And really, it's just an observation to a trend.

8. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    "look damn cool"

+1

Definitly a lot better than the previous model (especially the green finish)

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i might buy one, I've always wanted to play a MM pickuped six strings bass, but siluhete was just ugly and narrow.
    I liked the most the bridge from the rbx 77x linear rail bridges look cool on cool basses like this one.