1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Jonas Hellborg trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by christobass 416, Apr 12, 2010.

1. http://www.hellborggroup.com/
    http://www.abstractlogix.com/news_view.php?idno=457
    I can't stand Mattias' tone. It totally ruins it most of the time for me. There's a free full length song on the hellborg group site if you go to "soundfile" on the left side. I was immediately displeased with Mattias' tone. I didn't enjoy it during the Art Metal period, either. It just doesn't work for me. I didn't dig the album, either, again, a lot having to do with Mattias. Everyone else is great, but ughhh Mattias!
    What say you?

2. Sounds cool. :bassist:
    The problem I have with Jonas Hellborg is that I love his playing but I don't really like fusion (or at least this kind of fusion, I do like Weather Report for example).
    I would really like to hear him in a different kind of band (a band without any kind of distorted guitar ;) ).

What do you think of a band that would include Jonas Hellborg and Hiromi Uehara, I'd love to hear something lika that!

A band with vocals would be cool too...

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Guitar sounds like an annoying little gnat.

4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Stoked...

My favorite musician (never-mind just as a bassist)

I did not dig Mattias' tone on the recording as wel...Maybe if He was playing a simi-clean 335 or something it would have been cooler with Jonas fretless.

I did like his sound on Art Metal...Very good record.

I hope he plays the states.