1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Joyo Bass Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gabeja15, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I recently stumbled across these two pedals from the chinese company Joyo.

I'd heard a bit of fairly possitive discussion about their ultimate drive/OCD clone but had never heard of them making anything specifically bass-related before

Without futher ado:

Bass Overdrive

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-sound-oh-so-attractive/403131_544208117.html

Bass Diver/ DI

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-is-the-sparrow-has-all/403131_544210452.html

The Driver/DI looks like a clone of the silimar MXR unit.

Also, before everyone gawks at the price tag (which is a bit high for a chinese knockoff) note that this is a wholesale website and bulk purchases of two or more are apparently significantly cheaper.

Thoughts?

2. Aureus

Aureus

Apr 17, 2012
    Europe
    never heard of them and for that money ... dunno.

maybe someone can give some info ?

3. Aaron_D

Aaron_D

May 9, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    The ultimate drive kills!

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    $150? Is that for one or for 6?

5. I think it's PedalTrader.com who puts ads on Craigslist all the time around here trying to sell these. They advertise them around $40 each.

6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Nothing too impressive, frankly.

7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    If you do some homework on Joyo, you'll find that some of the stuff is crap. They ship a wireless that doesn't get a whole lot of love.

If it was Behringer prices, I'd take a look. At that price, they can keep it.

8. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Look more like bddi than mxr bass di, they just change the name of the control, bass become low, treble become high , presence become harmonics, blend become mix. Lol as for all Asian company their objective is to make money unlike the westerner, who try to innovate and came up with new things to sell. ( this statement came from an Asian)