1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Kid in Town!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Uncle Ted, May 10, 2006.

1. Uncle Ted

Uncle Ted

Sep 23, 2005
    Yo all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm a professional musician, but not a bassist; I'm a cello player. I have however played bass in a variety of setting since highschool; various rock groups, the local college jazz band while I was in HS, and I'm now in two bands with the same people in both, one a strightforward rock trio, the other the ultimate in doom sludge metal. Very amateur but lots of fun! Current faves include High on Fire, Electric Wizard, The Sword; older faves include the Who (greatest rock bassist EVER!!!)

I play a Rick 4003, a Fender Power Jazz Special, and a Gibson EB-0, all through a Peavey Databass (all purchased with paper route money in HS.)

I hope theres something I can contribute to the discussions here, but I suspect I will be asking more than answering questions:)

Ted

ps My screen name originated from the older brother of an old bandmate who thought I was the person least like Ted Nugent in the world...