1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new kid in town

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by brenner182, Apr 26, 2010.

1. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Hey all! I'm brenton. i've been lurking for a while and finally decided to create a account. I've been playing guitar/bass since 9th grade, I'm 21 now so.... 8 years give or take. But i've been play bass seriously for about 2 and a half years. Something about it just clicks better with me over guitar, (and honestly, i'm alot better bass player then i am a guitar player lol)

I've played in 2 bands in the past 2 years. First band was a hardcore/metal band that made me not... want to play metal and actually get serious about bass other than chug chug chug and breakdowns.

I'm Currently playing with a band called Lady Invidia and i've been with them for about 8 or 9 months give or take. It's a cover band and we play just about every weekend. I have learned more than i could have ever imagined on how a real working band actually works. Getting stiffed money loading/unloading mixers pa's lightshows sleeping in vans. It's been a hell of a great time and just gets better every weekend!

I've come close to a pretty solid set up for my live sound. My man baby is Isabelle, my 5 string peavey grind ntb. I also play a Epiphone Thunderbird goth... it's brutal so it is just refer to as the "f!@#$%^ thunderbird" lol

My amp is a peavey tour 700. I have a fender rt-1000 rackmount tuner and a berhinger xl 2600 compressor. i got all that shoved into a rackmount case and in my free spot i have a seinheiser freeport wireless.

That pretty much sums me up lol.