1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"New Kids on the Block" an Aguilar Bass Player

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Piedro, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    Ok guys... i've got free ticket in a Loge (free drinks, food with great seats... binaucular etc..etc..) at the Bell Centre here in Montreal last night, from a friend who works for a Beer Cie. So my girlfriends was like "OMG!! we got to go there!"

It was a surprisingly great show! ok the guy are getting old, but that was fun to remember all their catchy song for a night... now i'm good for another 15 years tough... lol

So... the bass player was awesome (as expected...) great 80's Slap lines, plus the groove and feeling of the song was way better than the originals ( as expected too... ).. i really dig the drummer by the way.. you know, coming from that great "gospel" type that makes awesome drummer!

so that's it.. i was looking for his name! i know he played (as expected too... lol) 2 Aguilar DB750! and for his bass...

Alleva coppolo 5 string White/black PG, maple FB
    Fender Jazz, black with maple FB and black square inlays and binding on the neck.

and... i Ibanez hollowbody ( !?! )like the Artcore with a big Humbucker a la musicman.

The First Act was Natasha Bedingfield.. and she knows how to sing man!!... none of one note was flat, her fills was always right on and all of this while giving and really energic performance.. great job...

Beside his bass player felt like he not nesseceraily wanted to be there that night... he had a great tone (for an arena show!!! ) he had great fill...

And that was too with a DB750 with a pair of DB410 (or maybe DB212 +DB115 or any other combination...) with a Lakland 55-94. if you guys can get me his name and a myspace adress or something that'd be great!

thanks!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    donnie walhberg totally erased any bad karma he might have had with me, and then some, for his NKOTB history with his amazing performance as carwood lipton in band of brothers.

just thought i'd toss that out there. :D.

3. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Here you go, the quote from Aguilar's Myspace Blog:

To day is the start of the highly-anticipated New Kids On The Block/Natasha Bedingfield tour and Aguilar will be one stage for both acts!

Peter Martin will be playing with Natasha Bedingfield while Ethan Farmer with be layin' it down for the New Kids.

Check it out!

4. This will a great show to see - about 90% Women in the audience.

5. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    I also enjoyed his role as the crazy guy who shoots Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

6. Aaron Mc

Aaron Mc

Jul 28, 2006
    Avondale, AZ
    I could not believe that was him, did he weigh about 70 lbs?! It looked like he had not eaten since the last NKOTB concert.

7. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    lol... that's was pretty funny to be there by the way.. and indeed... i was pretty much looking at chicks in the audience as much as the stage.. lol

8. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Ethan Farmer is cold on bass player.

9. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    Last I heard, he was playing GK stuff..........glad to see he upgraded.........:bag:

:D......just kidding, folks........

10. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    ahha! good one... an indeed is badass bass player!

11. NYJimmy

NYJimmy

Jun 23, 2007
    president of Alleva-Coppolo Basses and Guitars

Hi the bass player for NKOTB name is Ethan Farmer. I built him 2 LM-5's a trans red LM5 and the white custom LM5 you saw him use on the gig.

Jimmy
    Alleva-Coppolo basses & guitars

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I think I preferred him as Duddits in Dreamcatcher.

13. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Ethan Farmer is the bassist of choice for a bunch of top named touring act's and he's from Chicago originally

14. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Are these guys still lip syncing??

15. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    probably a couple of back-vocals... definitly not for most of Main vocals... dunno man!

16. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    almost all major touring acts are using Pro-tools or digital performer and increasingly Apple Logic to play supplemental tracks during their shows.There are usually some vocals (mostly background stacks)as well as stuff that is very hard to play or repetitive sequences. a lot of the time the sequences are also triggering video and light cues too.

17. I saw the Backstreet Boys about a month ago; the bassist was using Aguilar gear as well. And they sang every part ;)

18. But WHEN did they sing the parts!;)

19. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Maybe in "Pop" it's still "acceptable" to lip sync but thats why I don't go see pop acts. :hyper:

20. WOW!! I never in a million years would have thought that was him!! :eek:

My girlfriend saw them in LI a week or so ago . . . man, she still new all the words to all the tunes (even the X-mass album!!:rollno:)