1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New (kinda) small stage rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sstillwell, Nov 4, 2013.

1. sstillwell

sstillwell

Nov 20, 2008
    I've really been enjoying my Markbass CMD121P and NY 121 extension cabinet over the past year or two, but I just somehow want MORE (or since this is the interwebs, MOAR). I've got lots of stuff sitting around that I don't use, and I saw something fer cheap at Guitar Center that made me go "hmmmÂ…".

Got me a used Bag End S15-D. Bridging my old David Eden WT500 ("Highwayman") into it. Haven't really got to fire shots in anger with it yet, but what I HAVE been able to do sounds pretty yummy. Not a lot of boomy low end, but if I roll the bass up a touch on my Ray34 it gets FAT. Just a really nice thick tone so far. Finally using the EQ on the Eden the way it's intended - everything flat, roll up "Enhance" to taste (about 10:30), back it down just a tiny bit, then tweak EQ just a tiny bit (just two clicks of "Low" for me - that's all).

It's sure heavier than the Markbass rig (I think the cabinet alone weighs almost as much as BOTH Markbass boxes!), but it's not all that much BIGGER, so yay for pack space in the van.

I may even try to find a second S15-D - that would STOMP.

Oh, did I mention it's a LOUD box? :D

Scott

2. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Yeah two 15' s will rock better than one! I sometimes use two GK Neo 15's with my Markbass with awsome results.