1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Knight Rider?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Anybody watching this turkey besides me? So the new Driver of K.I.T.T. is the son of the original Michael Knight...LMAO

I did enter the sweepstakes to win my own version of K.I.T.T. though (yes I'm a geek and i grew up watching this show)

The new K.I.T.T. is a Shelby GT 500 by the way

[​IMG]

2. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I caught the last 30 minutes or so. Pretty lame if you ask me. Another website I visit had an article about it titled something like "Is it the new Battlestar Galactica, or the new Bionic Woman?" And I think it's the new Bionic Woman. Awful "action-metal" soundtrack, surprisingly lame car chase, bad CG and compositing, bad acting... I don't think I'll be watching too many more episodes.

...at least The Hoff had a cameo...

3. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    There are no more episodes, this was a made for TV movie. If it did well they may bring it back as a series, but this was a one off.

TIVO'ed it but haven't watched it yet. Car does look HOT.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    it was so bad,... so bad... really... so bad... bad? bad...

5. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    That is awful. How could the use that car for KITT? :rollno: :scowl: :( :bawl: :mad: :eek: :eyebrow: :confused: :meh:

6. As if the original Knight Rider was good? :confused:

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    :eek:

Knight Rider was pure brilliance!!!!

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    No Hoff, no Knight.

9. Oh there was a little Hoff!!!! And the car makes me want a black mustang!!!!!!
    The Show? Cheesey! and I'm WI from we know cheese!

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    My god Hasselhoff is a terrible actor. That cameo, he was twitching and shaking and looked like a nervous person in a nervous convention. GOD that man cannot act...

And that Stang looked damn fine. The best vehicle they coulda chose, AND it's pure badass.

I enjoyed the show. Wasn't exactly Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift stunt driving, but good enough for a made-for-TV movie.

And I really want those bucket seats for my Mustang. \m/ \m/

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I agree because GM didn't want to sully their name being associated with that turd.:p

I'll wait for the Airwolf remake!:D

The show was a beating and from what I saw, I'll never get that 20 minutes of my life back.

I poked my eyes out. I have an appointment today to have bionic eyes implanted.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I hope your bionic eyes help you see how butt-ugly terrible GM products are, but I don't think moden medicine is that advanced to save you.

:D

13. Yeah, because a 500hp turd that's been polished into what some producer thought people would buy as KITT is better. An overweight, over-hyped Mustang with a Shelby badge. Just like a Dodge SRT-4, let's not forget it's still a Neon.

Forget it. The producers could have used anything but the antithesis of the original Knight Rider's car, and I wouldn't hate on it quite so much. They could have taken a GTO and made body parts for what they think a Trans Am would look like, like Hollywood did with Bumblebee for the Transformers movie, but instead they decided to shill for Ford.

Their loss.

14. Me watching Knight Rider at the ending funeral scene when a dark, mysterious figure approaches:

"Please be David Hasseloff, please be David Hasselhoff..."

***Figure removes sunglasses***

"YESSSSS! It's David Hasselhoff!"

15. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    It was astoundingly bad. Before I watched it I thought, well it couldn't be worse than the original. Boy, was I wrong. And yea, I admit I sat through the whole thing instead of playing my bass. Double loss for me. :crying:

The Ford "product placement" was ridiculous, if I was a Ford shareholder I'd be embarrassed.

16. I'm watching it right now, and the thing that really gets me... actually, the two things, are:

1. The theme song is crap. They should have made it sound more like the original. It starts off nicely, but as soon as the guitars come in it's all bad, and it gets worse.

2. Mike Traceur (sp?) seems like a loser to me. The real Knight Rider was all about helping people and being a good guy, not being a man-whore and ripping off investors.

17. Well the original Michael knight was a cop who some people thought was on the take and he was shot and supposedly died...the Foundationg for Law and Justice gave him plastic surgery and a new identity...and gave him a chance to clear his old name in exchange for his services driving K.I.T.T. and working in harmony with the F.B.I.

Flash Forward 25 years....So his son is an ex Green Beret or was it Army Ranger? I forget at this point....who has obviously made some mistakes in life and gets a second chance to take over for his dad and drive the new K.I.T.T. fairly simple and straight forward

I thought it could have been better.....the car was cool, every commercial break there was a ford advertisement as well as all the other cars in the movie were ford models (They obviouolsy are trying to boost sales)

It will probably get picked up as a mid season replacement show (according to rumors)...I have seen much worse on TV...lol

18. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    actually, the bad guys were driving a chevy.

24 does the same thing. Jack Bauer and all of CTU drives fords, bad guys drive chevy and lexus. There was a part in one season (I think 3 or 4) where Tony was forced to work for the badguys (they had his girl), and as soon as he left CTU, he got in a Chevy, not the standard CTU ford. It was hilarious.

19. At the end they were in a Tahoe huh? Earlier though they were chasing him in a Ford Edge

20. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    I flipped on towards the end. As soon as I saw that the lead guy was from one of my wife's homo soap operas I turned it off. Hoff looked like he needed a drink real bad.