Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new kool movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by suasa, Jan 22, 2005.

1. alright i have no exams all this week and i plan on sitting on my arse for the majority of it and mabey study a little so i want movies and lots of em kool ones preferably somewhat new nothing earlier than 70s era any suggestions welcome.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Um, can you be just a wee bit more specific than that? There's been at least 2 dozen movies made since 1970.

Action? Horror? Froppy British period films?

3. whatever man any suggestions welcome i would prefer if people would say what kind of movie it was comedy is good actions whatever typical guys movies

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dude, you're way off. There's gotta be four, five dozen.

5. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Anything with Keira Knightley is good for me.

Pirates of the Carribean
    Bend it Like Beckham
    Love Actually

and other stuff. She is so fine.

6. watch anything that isn't clerks

7. Anything that starts with "Monty Python's"

The Star Wars movies back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back

LotR Extended versions (that's what, 11 hours of movie?)

Magnificent Seven (okay, so it's made before 1970, but it's still a damn good movie)

Black Hawk Down (still think it's the second most realistic combat movie ever made)

Saving Private Ryan (Most realistic)

13th Warrior (who doesn't like Vikings killng things?)

Animal House (too funny for words)

The Matrix (not the second 2, those sucked)

Or just play HALO for the rest of the week.:D

Rock on
    Eric

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey now, that was a fine movie.

9. Yeah. Except that the begining kind of sucked. And the middle wasn't that great. And the less said about the end, the better, but it was a good movie.

Rock on
    Eric

10. man how i love the wealth of information in this forum post and 20 minutes later 20 minutes later 10 replys keep the movies comin people black hawk down is for sure as well as saving private ryan a couple monty python flicks yah so keep the suggestions comin thanks

shayne

11. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Rough time understanding the big words?

12. Understanding? What that word? Big word. Big word scary. Eric smash big word!!!

::smashes big, scary word::

Rock on
    Eric

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Collateral, The Forgotten (if you were an X-Files fan), Elf, The Italian Job, Ocean's 11, Ronin, U-571, Snatch, Hero, Office Space, Raising Arizona, Fletch, Heat, The entire Band of Brothers series, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Fight Club.. I second The Big Lebowski and Black Hawk Down.

brad cook

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, except for Fight Club, and The Italian Job, you have excellent taste in movies.

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Evil Dead 2-even non-horror fans are amused by it.
    Kurosawa's (sp?) "Dreams"
    Magnolia, if you've got three spare hours
    Labryinth
    Willow

16. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    clerks is a classic, along with any other kevin smith production. including mallrats, chasing amy, dogma, and jay and silent bob strike back. although i didn't watch his newest one called jersey girl, looked like a chick flic.

17. Despite the school play-level acting, it was a well put-together comedy....except they forgot to include humor.

I once saw (somewhere on teh net) a review of the movie pi. It said something like, "this movie captures the realism of the human experience in a way that no other movie ever has, except for clerks."

I guess it was meant as a joke, seeing as the only real similarity is the lack of color.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, maybe not. Clerks was capturing the inanity of life on film, and Pi was about capturing the loss of sanity (which, I think it's done the best job I've ever seen). Realism of human experience? Yeah.

19. Actually, clerks is brilliant compared to Paris, Texas. Paris, Texas=worst movie ever. Seriously bad.