1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Korg Pandora Stomp Vs Zoom MS60B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DagoMaino, Nov 1, 2013.

1. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    Anyone own both that can give a decent comparison on functionality?

I will just be using in parallel to spice my main signal occasionally. I have a B3 on a different board and definitely like it, but I am intrigued at having Korg effects on hand just for variety. Specifically, if Korg has better or comparable synth effects and pitch shifting...

Anyone???

2. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

Aug 9, 2013
    Soory, didnt know the Korg pedal existed but thanks for let me know, going to order one right away!

Loved my old pandora-I believe the PX3-keep trying to find another on evilbay but people want too much for em.

3. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    Specifically, it would be nice to hear some experience with the Korg's synth and pitch shifting too....

4. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    I don't own a pandora stomp, so I'm interested to hear more too, particularly from the usability/gigability point of view.

However, based on what I've seen it looks like like a quick response by Korg to the Zoom equivalent, and probably based on the same internals as my PX4B pandora ... the user interface has been tweaked a little, but it bears a huge similarity to the older box.

If the stomp is based on the PX4B (or an improved version) then there's some nice stuff in there. I never found a uni-vibe that sounds as good to my ears as the one on the PX4B, and the same goes for the envelope filter (believe it or not). The amp and cab sims give a nice variety of sounds too.

I'll stop there in case I give the wrong impression ... I don't honestly know if the PX4B sounds the same as the new pedal.

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Doesn't look as flexible in terms of effects combinations, but it's all down to the sound and how practical it is in real use. Looking forward to user comments.

6. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I do not have a Pandora Stomp (does anyone have one yet?). The closest I have is a Pandora Mini. That is a nice little box, just not practical for stage use because it is not rugged enough to stomp on and putting it on the bass or strap somewhere is just a little too fiddly for my taste. To someone like me who is not an effects junkie the sounds it produces are quite useable and in the same league as the MS-60B (which I do own). It has the advantage of running up to seven effects at a time. It does not have as many adjustments for each effect as the Zoom has. I like the Zoom user interface a LOT better! It does some things the Zoom does not: headphone out, aux in with pitch shift, computer storage and editing of patches. Both have synths but I am not good enough with a synth yet to make any intelligent comments about them.

The bottom line for me is that the Pandora Stomp looks like something that could be quite useful to me for home and travel practice. That might make it worth purchasing all by itself and if it then would be good enough to displace the MS-60B for everything else too that would just be gravy.

7. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    i just ordered one from MF. I really don't use effects, I usually just run either a DI from by Genz Shuttle 6.2 or direct in and use the mixer boards EQ. However, I use to play with a Pandora 4B model at rehearsal and everyone really liked the sounds it could pull for bass. I don't use stomp efffects but i definitely enjoyed the amp and cab mods.

So WTH? for $129 I'm going to give it a try. I like that its small and has a tuner on it as well. Maybe I'll plug this directly into the board and that's all. I havent has G.A.S. for awhile anyway. :)

8. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    They are not out yet?

9. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    They are out, I will try to swing by GC today and snag one to try out and give some feedback...

10. Subcribed!
    I just had Zoom MS-60B for couple of days and now I see this pandora stomp.. really need a comparison or more review on pandora stomp pleasee...

11. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    Ha ha, I was planning on grabbing the Korg and took a left turn at the last moment because I could see how the Zoom was going to fit better with my board plans... I still would like to try on for my guitar board if I like the feedback people start giving...