1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New L2000 missing bridge screw

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by BassMan99, May 1, 2006.

1. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Hello All,

I am the new owner of a Tribute L2000 I purchased used. I like it alot. I do think the screww is missing that tightens all the saddles together. Not positive, its hard to see in there, but I cannot find an allen wrench to fit. Can someone tell me if its a slotted screw or an allen wrench with the size?
    Thanks

2. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    It should be an allen set screw. I think the Tributes and USA models have different sized screws, but they do sell both kinds on the G&L website (online store). $6 will get you a pack of 6. Unfortunatey they don't tell you what the sizes are.

I would think that the Tributes are metric and the USA models are standard. If you can find any type of screw that threads perfectly into your bridge then you can take that screw over to Home Depot and test fit it into the "screw size finding thingie" that they have set up at their hardware department. If you can't find a screw to fit, you can take your bridge over there too and test fit it on their "Hole size finding thingie". That's what I usually do if I don't know the exact specs of a screw or nut I'm looking for.

3. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Thanks telekaster. I am sure the screw is missing now. I found the wrench sizes on the G&L site. the saddles are 5/64. I thought they would be metric also. It says the screw that tightens the saddles was the same size.
    If anyone knows the thread size I would appreciate it. I would feel silly taking the whole bass into home depot and hate the thought of removing the bridge.

4. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I lost that screw on a L-2500 and never missed it.

Dave

5. It's not unusual for Tribute L-2000 to be missing that screw. On my new one it's missing as well. Get in touch with the factory or the distributor (depends on if you live in the states in europe/asia/australia etc.) Check the G&L website for info on this. The will probably send it to you for free (at least the finnish distributor did that)

6. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Thanks. Cany say I miss it since it never had one since I have owned it. I dont hear any lack of sustain thats for sure. It sounds great.

7. Yeah, but you don't have to pay for it, so?