Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Lakland finally arrives!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eldave777, Jul 11, 2005.

1. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Hey ya'll! My new 55-02 came in Friday and it is unbelivable. It's black with a beautifull rosewood fretboard (very brazilian looking) and of course I got the Bassline pickups. This is my second Lakland and it was worth the wait. I'm going to put a silver glitter pickguard on it soon. By the way go to www.pickguardparadise.com and look at this guys stuff. Anyway it sounds and plays amazing. IF I wasn't so cheap I would be a supporting member and post pictures. Life is good. :hyper:

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I saw a pic recently of a black 5502 w/ red tort pickguard. looked great too.

3. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Yeah they look good with tort pickguards but I wanted to do something different and of course 'shiney'.

4. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Congrats. You can post pics without being a supporting member though!

5. Yeah!!! Pictures please!!!

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    sounds like quite a bass :hyper:
    I hope you enjoy it!

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There is no Lakland here.

8. It doesn't exist without pics...

9. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey eldave do know where there's any pics of 5502's with pickguards? I bought a used 5502 thats just great to play but I don't really like it's pewter finish. Maybe a pickguard would be a good alternative to painting it (which I'm probably too lazy to ever do).

10. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    They don't make Skyline's in that finish anymore so I don't recommend painting it. Also you can go to www.lakland.com and see 55-94's with pickguards. I'll also be posting pics of both my 55-02's here soon. I would get maybe a mirrored pickguard for your bass. I think they call your color Inca silver, and a mirror would look cool on top of that IMO. ;)

11. I checked out the Paradise Pickguard site... If you're gonna order a pickguard from them you're not cheap ($100 :eek: )

Seem frivolous to me!

12. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Sorry I don't have any 55-02 photos with pickguards. However, here's a 44-02 with a pickguard, courtesy of Steve "Dude" Barr.

Attached Files:

13. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Hey Tim O. yeah the pickguard I want will cost me $136.00. Ouch! My wallet hurts.

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass

[​IMG]

My ears are burnin'....

15. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I don,t like the pick guard,specially this ugly space between the bridge pick up and the pick guard.

[​IMG]