1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Lakland Skyline 55-02?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by todd0864, Feb 17, 2016.

1. todd0864

todd0864

Mar 9, 2015
    Twin Cities
    New for 1K USD, non-deluxe model but looks to be 3 tone sunburst, no flame at all with doesn't bother me. Jump on it, or continue to hem and haw about spending 1K on MII bass? Decisions decisions decisions.

2. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    Only your hands & eyes will be able to tell you if it is worth the cost.

3. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Well worth it IMHO. I play an older MIK one that I paid more than that used a few years ago. If you need a 5 string that you can cover alot of ground with tonally, there isn't a whole lot of options out there, in that price range, that will perform better.

Bob_Ross likes this.
  4. todd0864

todd0864

Mar 9, 2015
    Twin Cities
    I know it can be a jack of all trades, but does it master any of them? It would check a lot of things off my list for another bass...5-string, 35", passive/active, MM/J pickups, quiet pickups. I have yet to play it through an amp, but I will. If I get it, I'll most likely put a couple of cheaper basses on consignment and get back down to 3 basses, then use that money towards pedals and accessories.

5. Frankiebass59

Frankiebass59

Feb 1, 2008
    Kansas
    I had one, my first 5 string. Did everything well, I used it in a party band playing a variety of music and it was fine.
    On top of Lakland's outstanding customer service. Highly recommended.